Part 2 Ch 11

Nick had been gone for hours. She was patiently waiting-if patiently waiting was walking circles around their kitchen table with beer. They got the video taken down, but not before it had circulated. It showed Nick aggressively taking shots and clearly acting in a hostile way towards Dylan; while Dylan looked to be trying to settle things. You could not hear what was being said.

He finally walked in. Quietly, as if lost in thought. Watching from beyond the table, mid lap - he finally noticed her.

"Really burning a trail into the floor huh?" He knew without being home what she had been doing.

"Well?" She sipped her beer, it was 8pm.

"Well, basic comments, no one really seems to care, mostly people saying they hope we kiss and makeup." Nick laughed. He seemed in a better mood than the day before. She had not seen Dylan again that night. He was with the woman Brit packing things up, she eventually waved to him and left. Bianca had looked casually at him from afar. He worked with his head down, no longer smiling and laughing. But quietly and diligently working.
He had to pack things up so he was allowed back in once the event ended and Nick left.

The room was not empty, but it had less than thirty people as he worked, packing up alcohol and taking it from the room. Bianca had already gotten the number for the CEO of the Arcway. She did so quietly, asking for the directing manager of the branch. The man obliged, and twenty minutes later, while the auction was still going, Bianca was on the phone with the woman who listened quietly as she explained the events of the night. And explained it was not Dylan's fault.

The woman accepted what she said, and seemed a bit annoyed to be taking the call. But she also seemed to find it funny that Dylan would ever have caused the problem. apologizing again she hung up.

AiA and Plaster records had moved on casually, as if it the video was nothing of importance. It wasn't; it was more the greater context that bothered her, and the drinking that Nick had begun the night prior. He seemed to stop before going to far, smoldering quietly in his seat during the auction. His performance felt a bit flat as well. Kenzie going above and beyond on guitar to make up for it.

"Where have you been? The meetings ended hours ago.." He nodded and took her beer - sipping it. She glared.

"I went for a walk, had therapy... and then decided to just walk. I didn't go anywhere really. Went to the trail around the pond, you know by the park." She nodded. He groaned and sat down on the couch. Bianca watched from the table - she had not moved. "I have to go talk to Dylan I guess, my therapist seems to think I have a lot of pent of emotions about him. Anger, regret, embarrassment. I asked Sarah for his number, he's is leaving tomorrow. She got him to stay - he's at her house."

Dylan was still here, she could see him. If she was brave she could see him. She walked over and sat by him. "What are you going to say...?"

"I guess, what I never said. I worked on trying to better myself for years, but a lot of my problems came from my childhood, I faced my mom, but never the unhealthy emotions I formed around Dylan. I told him he owed me for the money I gave him when he had no choice but to take it. When in reality I gave him money because I was afraid he would stop being my friend. Money makes you friends, it's the one thing my Mom had taught me."

She did not need to console Nick, she did not necessarily think he deserved it. But he was her best friend. "That...sounds scary, having to finally face it.." He was more brave than her.

"Yeah, but I think it is good, I have put it off...No, that's not true. I just completely put it out of mind...I ...knew where he worked." Nick did not look at her as he said it.