Part 2 Ch 10

Dylan could hear the yelling of Sarah and shook his head while he was talking to someone. They had asked about the different flavors of mixed drinks. Sarah's blond head in his peripheral, she must have been leaning over the counter. Finishing the drink, he slid it across and wiped the counter down. Finally he turned towards Sarah and her grinning face, he smiled as he approached. Sarah nodded her head to her side. And Dylan's smile almost faltered. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Brunette hair and warm skin. Large brown eyes and a sweet smile that was covered by the look of shock. Smile, it's your job. Every step forward scared him, he wanted to leave, or run to her.

He stopped in front of them. She was beautiful and clearly shocked to be looking at him. An arm around her waist. Dylan's eyes focused momentarily on the arm, Don't touch her, he thought. A fleeting moment of forgetting his job. Smile. So he did.

"What can I get you?"

She looked confused, Sarah whispered something to her. The guy looked annoyed at how he was looking at her. Fuck you, he thought. And knew he couldn't think like that, he was bartender, all of them were in charge. He smiled at the guy and hated every second of it.

——

She forgot how to speak, how to talk. Matt's hands were gripping her as he was bending his mouth down to her ear. "Bianca? What do you want." She did not miss it, it was subtle, but Dylan definitely looked at the hand around her and looked upset - or she had imagined it. But he was smiling and acting like nothing was odd.

"D! Get her what I have.." Sarah yelled.

Matt just shrugged fine with that. "And get me a bourbon." Dylan smiled and turned. "That is your date? Friendly guy.." Matt said. Sarah laughed and raised her eyebrows playfully.

"He has his moments." Bianca could not turn from his back, the thin black fabric slid over him, even his back seemed strong. She noticed he had a tattoo, it looked like a kiss mark on his wrist. It looked like it was faded though, like it was an old kiss. Why would he get that. Bianca realized that she had been quiet for a rather long time.

Dylan placed the bourbon before them and the began working on her drink. He was looking down before them. Preparing a drink to mix. Matt sipped his drink and she suddenly felt like taking his hand from her, she was too close to him. It was overwhelming her. Dylan looked at her and smiled, he slid her drink. She moved too soon, Hand grabbing it as he slid it to her. Her hand went into his and her body overheated. His finger ran across hers, some of the drink spilling.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She rushed to say, as Dylan said it was fine. Wiping the bar down, he assured her it was not a big deal. She took the drink and sipped it, needing alcohol. Matt turned her away. She looked back; Dylan's eyes on the arm around her, he smiled as she looked and he turned to the next person. He went on with his job, like nothing had even happened.

"Come on, let's go meet with the band they are about to announce the auction." Bianca broke free from Matt and looped arms with Sarah, who looked more than having a blast. She gripped her tightly. Too tightly, Sarah bit her lips pretending not to notice.

She pulled Sarah down to her, "Why didn't you tell me." She whispered.

"I did tell you.." She leaned her mouth to her ear. Fine, she had told her.

"Well..I thought it was fake, like a dream or something. Also...I forbid you two from dating." She said completely seriously.

Sarah scoffed, "You forbid us? We aren't dating loser. Not yet.." Sarah glared at her, she returned it.