Chapter 2

Sitting next to Dylan was stifling. She felt like he was looking at her, or maybe that was because she kept sneaking glances at him. Casually leaning back, he wrote on the paper before him. He was not paying attention it seemed to the teacher, not that you needed to - it was basic stuff. He was writing something, she wanted to know what.
     He casually turned to her; she sucked in a gasp. eyes piercing, he looked at her; the corner of his lip rising. She turned away and focused on the whatever it was the teacher was saying. She felt her body respond, her face felt hot. She bit down a smile, stop traitor.
     A piece of paper slipped in front of her.

      Pay attention Bianca. The smile threatened to return, how could one not control their own body, that was the whole point of being in control. Do what I say body! Stop smiling. The thought almost made her feel more giddy. She wrote back, how do you know my name? She had never passed notes before, let alone to someone like him. She looked up; no one was looking. The teacher was speaking while writing on the white board. She passed the paper back to him. She did not look, focusing on her paper.

     The note came back. You wrote it on your paper. Dammit, obviously he could have just looked. Feeling a small amount of bravery she wrote back. Pay attention Dylan. She passed it back, and heard an actual soft chuckle. It made her stomach clinch and she bit her lip. It was so quiet; a laugh only for her.

     How do you know my name? He asked back. That was harder to explain. She could write back that it was a guess. That was clearly not true, he had not written it anywhere. She could mention Jay but that seemed wrong. She figured keep it as obtuse as possible. A Cheerleader told me. He would likely figure it out. She passed the note over. One did not come back. She waited, she wanted the note to come back - she willed him to send another one. He was silent and class went on.

     She was actually glad it stopped, it was to consuming of her mind. The first day at a new school could not be marred with note passing and teacher ignoring. What class is this again?
     The bell rang and she moved slowly, not wanting to rush out. She wished she had kept the note, like a loser - she wanted to read it again. She sighed heavily and turned, following behind Dylan. His arms looked strong, and cut. Literally, he had small cuts around his fingers and wrist. The type that someone might get who worked with their hands a lot. She wanted to touch his hand.

     "What Bianca?" She looked up. He was starring at her while she had been starring at his hands.

     "You should put something on your cuts, and lotion you hands.." Your and idiot, she thought before she zipped around him and went to find her next class. Put something on your cuts...what am I his grandma..
     The day went by without much excitement. She had to go to the office during lunch to pick up some practice tests; she was secretly glad she did not need to find somewhere to eat at lunch. Her second to last class had Jay who looked depressed to be without one of her crew. Her eyes widen as she saw her, her small tone arm flagging her over. Jay was the cheerleader who got thrown into the air, she called it a Flier. Jay was surprising diligent in class, they did not talk, but sat next to each other comfortably.

     Her leg was bouncing under her desk as she focused on the earth science teacher. Slowly she turned to look out the window. She needed to remind her self to focus on what was being said. It was easiest in the morning, as the day went on it became harder to focus. Jay-as It turned out- was quite smart. She rushed through the work sheet they had, listening to music.
She slipped a note in front of her. Going to the game tonight? She replied with a quick cant. Jay sent another telling her she should. She explained she had to unpack her bedroom. She could have gone.