Part 2 Ch 7

Dylan was nervous, dressed in a black button down, sleeves rolled up. A gold chain on. Black pants and dress shoes. Siobhan had on a red dress. She insisted on being able to shower and change, going all out for this dinner. Sarah was aware that he was bringing Siobhan, she had not said a thing one way or the other about it. Siobhan-for her part- seemed to be overly dressed for the dinner.

He and Sarah had met at Charles house in the morning. Madeline had called to make sure he came over earlier. They a small breakfast, Madeline said she would not be cooking for thanksgiving this year, too unhealthy. Dylan and Sarah laughed at Charles grumpy expression, the horror of it all.

"So she's not a girlfriend?" He stood beside her car as she was getting in.

"No. She leaving in a few weeks, transferring for school...doubt I will see her ever again." Sarah seemed to understand. Not asking if they would try to maintain a relationship. He was glad she did not ask, he would have to explain that they barely talk. Nothing wrong with a physical relationship. Just seemed like the type of thing Sarah might chastise him for.

"Alright..see you tonight..you better come.." She waved and drove off. He had went straight to Siobhan's apartment. It was the first time he had been there. Books and notes all over. It was nice actually, spending ours hours listening to music and packing her things. Siobhan would lightly dance to the music while packing boxes of books.

Siohban's tank-top and shorts covered in a light amount dust. They had swept the whole place and lined boxes up near the door. She looked around the place with a thoughtful expression, Sighing she turned to him. "How about the bed?"

"Leave it, I'll need it for the few weeks when I get back. I can manage that alone." He nodded.

"How do you feel...?" She turned and looked at the apartment.

"Weird...I came out here to go to school and it's all nearing the end, onto the last part. Transferring to my final place to finish it up. Maybe when I'm done I'll come back for you." She nudged his shoulder with hers and he laughed lightly.

"The surgeon and the bartender.." She swept the dust into a pan.

"You say it like it's silly.."

"Isn't it?" She shrugged, a small cloud of dust forming around her. He sat on the ground watching her, rays of light falling through the dust. He felt a slight pang of sadness, she was leaving and it was back to being alone. He enjoyed her staying over.

"Why such heavy sighs?" He shook his head. She dropped the broom and walked over to him, she pushed his legs down until they laid flat on the ground. She squatted down on to him, arms around his neck. "You going to miss me?"

He didn't need to lie, "yes."

"I know..." She leaned forward and kissed him. "But you wont miss me-miss me." He furrowed his brow. "Want to know a secret...I'm quiet, I don't talk much...I study too much and often forget to pay attention to people who care about me. It has caused a lot of problems...but it was nice with you.."

"It was.."

"But you wont miss me-miss me." She said, not with sadness, just certainty. The two of them would have never been in a real relationship, but he thought they would make good friends. He would miss her presence. It helped him remember things could feel nice, but it didn't erase what he had wanted for so long. "You know, you can't miss someone, if you never try and find that someone you will end up missing."
What if you already found them. He looked away.
"I knew there was someone...."

Looking back to her he widen his eyes.. "What??"

"Don't what me! It's Sarah!"

——