Chapter Six

A few months later finds Nik separated from Marcel who's gone back to New Orleans to check for remaining vampires. Nik was in Florida because she wanted to feel the sun, but now at night, she got visited by Hades.

"You won't believe how much attention you're getting from the Underworld gods," Hades starts.

Nik pats the seat behind her as he had appeared through the shadows in her apartment, "Hello Nik how are you? I'm fine Hades, how about you?"

"Hello Nik, I'm fine, annoyed with paperwork and want Persephone, Thanatos, and Hecate to stop pestering me about the woman I keep seeing," Hades drawled.

"I've met Persephone, I see why she's friends with you," Nik said, patting the seat next to her on the couch she got.

"Other than the fact that Alecto snatched her and put her in the Underworld where she accidentally ate pomegranate seeds and now Demeter spreads rumors I kidnapped her?" Hades said a bit dejected.

"She's like Maria, she sees past the acts that people put up. I assume after she was in the Underworld for a little bit, she started making it just a bit more bearable for you?"

Hades paused, "She started experimenting on flowers to add something to castle. I made a garden for her so she could continue," he said.

"See?" Nik said now facing him fully, her legs curled up under her, "She attempted to make it a bit livelier. Did she try to talk to you?"

"She wouldn't leave me alone until she did," Hades grumbled.

Nik snorted, "Sounds like one of my brothers," she said.

"But she did make it a little better," Hades admitted, "She helped communicating with the other gods down there better."

Nik nodded, "Marcel helped me, especially after I went so long without Kol and Finn for support," she admitted, getting up and grabbing some drinks for them.

Hades accepted one, and really was not complaining as it seemed Nik moved closer to him. "Tell me about your brothers," he said.

She leaned closer in his side, "Finn is my oldest brother, he was the braver one until my mother got her magic claws in his head. He went from the protective older brother trying to keep Father from getting to me to only being around Mother and that's it. He stopped trying me. He had promised he would protect Kol and I but then he stopped. We didn't realize something may have been wrong until we were turned," Nik explained.

"Who else?"

"Kol, we were closer to Finn because he was protector of sorts. He was eight years older than me and ten years older than Kol and he watched out for us more than Mikael ever did. When he seemed more depressed in his emotions than what the rest of us were feeling, Kol and I knew something was wrong. Rebekah and Elijah had acted on anger but Kol and I lost some part of us, so did Finn, and he was depressed while we were angry," Nik explained, her head now coming to Hades' shoulder.

"Maybe that was his response to it?" Hades suggested.

Nik turned her head to look back up at him, "When he was born, they were still in Norway, he had memories of Norway and how the Vikings acted. He knew how to channel his anger and he taught it to Kol and I, but we know he would be angry. It's just I don't know how to help him or Kol. I have a way to get my wolf half back but I've been trying to find a way for their magic back, but then I don't think it would help Finn if Esther truly did something to him."

"What about Kol?"

"Kol was a sweet boy but he also was an adventurous one, our youngest brother picked that up from him. I think he took part of the responsibility I did towards Henrik's death. I think we both feel guilty over it. When he lost his magic in his turning he grew angrier. He became psychotic in some cases because I think he lost someone to look out for him. I was still trying to adjust to having my wolf but then having it taken away and Finn has this possible magic thing so neither one of us was mentally capable to be that person. I tried but he knew how to push my buttons because my temper also increased and I hated seeing him flinch back from me, and I hate doing using those daggers but I just don't want them to die by Mikael. I don't want them to die by their father's hands," Nik's eyes teared up and Hades wrapped his arm around her shoulders as she cried into his shoulder.

"What happened to your father?" Hades asked quietly.

Nik shook her head, "I never knew who he was," she admitted quietly, "But I know Mikael killed him. When he was turned he went and killed the pack nearby,,," she trailed off as she thought of something.

Hades looked down at her again, "Nik?"

"There was once a man who came up to me when I was young and he introduced me to painting by showing me how to make paints," she whispered. "He got me started on painting."

"Do you think that was him?" Hades asked.

"The blonde hair and green-blue eyes and knowing who I was seem so," Nik said, "The pack seemed to keep to themselves even though they were civil with us but they never really came up to us—well, the children did but the adults didn't. He was the first adult that I had met, but he kept his distance, I'm not sure whether to not come across as a creeper or because of Esther."

"When did you find out?" Hades asked.

"it's pretty telling when you're the only one who changes into a wolf after killing someone," Nik said bluntly, "Although..."

"Hmm?"

"I seem to be the only target of Mikael but he hadn't known at the time I wasn't his child. He got angry when it got out and forced Esther to make the spell."

Hades furrowed his eyebrow, "But she's a witch, she could've defended you, even when you were growing up."

"She invented the term 'witch bitch'," Nik bluntly said getting a sudden laugh out of Hades making her smile back.

"Are you able to eat?" Nik asked after the god had calmed down.

"We can, but we don't need too," Hades answered.

"Then, let's get food," Nik said getting up and grabbing his hand, "Let's go. I know a place."

*******

Hecate startled when Hades entered, "I need you to find out who Nik's father is and how to help Finn and Kol Mikaelson with their magic," he demanded to the wide-eyed magic goddess.