I Don't Think He's Ready To Do This Alone..

Ahhhh This is gonna be a long chapter! This took a while to write but I hope you all enjoy!

“I don’t think he’s ready to do this alone.“ Cole sighed.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay’s POV

Where to start… This whole day has been hell. Kai’s gone, Kiren’s weak, I’m.. unstable. What the hell was I thinking bringing them here?! I could get them into serious trouble. Where was Wu when you needed him? I can’t tell them yet.. Not now. I trailed through the corridor, walking into the spare room on the ship, shutting the door and taking a breath, a tear rolling down my face as I slipped down the door onto the floor. Why now? I wiped my tears, leaning my head back, the noise around me disappearing as it had been for a while now. I was left with my thoughts, the memories of him seeping through the wall I had built up to block them out. The abuse and torture I went through in that relationship playing over and over again until I couldn't handle it anymore. I thought I saw him right in front of me.. “Leave me alone!” I yelled, louder than ever, I clasped my hands over my mouth, tears streaming down my face until my vision was blurry. I heard footsteps, but of one person. “Jay? Are you okay?” The voice asked. It was Cole. “M-Mhm.” I muffled myself. “Jay, let me in, let's talk.” Cole pleaded. I hadn't noticed I locked the door until I went to open it. I unlocked it and let him in before shutting the door and sitting against it. “I'm fine, I promise.” I tried to hide the fact I was crying but it was no use, the wall was broken and the water kept flowing. “Jay, you're clearly not, this situation has been bothering you since it's happened. Please, talk to me. You know I'm always here to help you.” Cole put his hand on mine, which rested on my knee. “It was a while ago..” I started.

*Flashback brought to you by I'M BACK AGAIN!*

I walked into Chen's noodle shop, it was my time to pick up dinner and I had to hand a letter to Skylor because Kai was a chicken and didn't wanna do it himself. “Hey Sky!” I smiled, walking over to the counter. “Hey Jay, your turn to pick up tonight?” She asked, looking through the orders to grab ours. “You betcha.” I watched her set the order down as I put the cash and letter on the table. “Letter from Kai?” Skylor questioned. “Yeah, he's a chicken and wouldn't give it to you himself.” I giggled, grabbing the food. I had the bags down by my sides ready to walk out after saying goodbye to Skylor. “Hey, let me get the door for ya.” A kind man offered, holding the door opened while I walked out. “Thank you.” I bowed a little. “No problem, cutie.” The man smirked as I began to blush. “I’m Jay.” I smiled. “I’m Victor.” Victor chuckles. “What’s a guy like you doing out here all alone with food?” He pointed down to the bags. “Oh, it’s my night to get food for me and some buddies. Not the first time.” I chuckled, “Well I should get back before the food gets cold.” I was about to walk off before Victor stopped me. “Could I by chance get your number to take you out to eat?” Victor began to pull out his phone. We had exchanged numbers and I left feeling like I had made the right choice. It wasn’t until a month into dating him that I realized I lost most of my freedom.

It had been a few months, the ninja got to go on a mission as I sat at home with Wu. “It’s unfair! He shouldn’t get to tell me if I can or can’t save the world. It's my job, not his!” I was frustrated. Not only do I look like a bad person. I look like I gave up on saving Ninjago as well. “Why listen to him? You are your own person. You should only listen to your parents and mentors.” Wu set tea down in front of me. “He threatened to leave me if I left because I ‘could cheat on him and get away with it.’ It’s stupid. I would never cheat.” I grab the cup, drinking the tea. “It’s not that you would cheat, Jay, It’s that he’d have no control over you. The farther you’re away, the less he can control you. Open your eyes, Jay, he’s not the right one for you. It’s time to leave him.” Wu spoke. He spoke the truth though. I let myself be walked all over and now it’s time to take my life back. My thoughts soon got interrupted by a ringing sound. “Oh? Cole’s calling.” I picked up the phone. “Hey Cole, everything okay?” I was concerned. “Zaptrap, if you don’t get down here then nothing is gonna be okay. We need you and we need you now.” Cole breathed heavily. I contemplated but got up. “I am on my way.” I hung up, texting Victor.