𝑶𝒏 𝑩𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅

Author's P. O. V

Zayaan has been really busy throughout the week. He is swamped up with his works. As his visit to canada is going to be a bit long, he decided to complete his works as much as possible. So, he won't have to be working there and enjoy his time there. Side by side he is also taking care of their flight schedule, hotel, places they'll be visiting and what not. He really wants to make this trip worth it. As this will be Fabiha's first foreign trip, so he wants her to experience the best. He wants to make her happy.

On the other hand, Fabiha is also busy with her studies. She knows that during her vacation, she won't get a chance to complete her assignments. Along with her studies, she also has to go shopping. She knows that Zayaan is working his ass off, that's why she doesn't bother him to go shopping with her. Rather, Mrs. Fadel and Nisha are helping her out.

On the day of their flight

The Fadels are sitting in the living room and enjoying their tea time. Mr. Fadel is taking a sip of tea and said, "I will really miss this tea. You really make incredible tea, my dear." Fabiha's face lit up as she heard Mr. Fadel to compliment her. "Hello, everyone." Zayaan announced as he enters the area and settles on the couch. "Zayaan, when is your flight, honey?" Mrs. Fadel asked as Zayaan lay his head on her lap. "It's at 3 in the morning." He said keeping his eyes closed. "When are you intending to go to the airport?" Mr. Fadel asked. "We will leave a bit early as there are some formalities that should be done. So, I am planning to leave at midnight." He answered and his eyes are still closed. "Mom, I might fall asleep, if you keep doing that." He said, Mrs. Fadel is running her fingers through his hair. She chuckled and answered, "Then, I won't stop. You really need some sleep. You have worked very hard this week, so get a good sleep. Ok?" She again started running her fingers through his hair. Zayaan didn't say a word, rather he just hummed. Though his eyes were closed, still he knew a pair of eyes stealing glances at him. Yes, Fabiha was glancing at him with eyes full of peace. The mother and son duo soothes her eyes. Soon, Zayaan fell asleep.

*Ring* *ring* Mrs. Fadel's phone rings up. It was an important call and she was afraid that if she took the call, Zayaan might wake up. So she slowly got up and went to the other room. Leaving Zayaan lying on the couch. Fabiha saw that Zayaan was sleeping on the couch without any pillow or cushions. 'He might hurt his neck, if he sleeps like this.' She thought. She went towards him and sneaked her hand to his neck. She slowly lifted his head and carefully placed a soft cushion under his neck. Mrs. Fadel was about to come back, when she saw Fabiha standing in front of Zayaan. So, Mrs. Fadel thought that she wouldn't disturb the couple and went to her room. Fabiha made him comfortable and then went to their room for a final packing.

Zayaan woke up in the evening. He stretched his arms out when he saw that it was 9 in the evening. He jumped off the couch and thought, 'I slept for eleven hours? And no one came to wake me up? Damn, I am gonna be late for the flight.' He ran towards his room. 'Shit, I forgot to pack my stuff too.' he thought as he ascended the stairs. Soon he reached his room and went for his stuff. He opened the door of his cupboard but in vain. His stuff was not available there. "Looking for something?" Fabiha asked. He turned towards Fabiha, "Yes, I forgot to pack my stuff and now all of them are gone." He answered. "Your things are not lost. Calm down." She started. She held his chin and turned his face towards the bed. "I packed your things while you were dozing off. Now hurry up and take a shower or else we are gonna be late for you, sleeping beauty." She teased him. "It's far much better than a bastard. I liked it." Zayaan said with a bright grin. He took a towel and went for the shower. Before entering the shower, "By the way, thanks for the cushion. It helped me to get a really peaceful sleep." He said and went inside. Fabiha froze in her place, 'Wasn't he sleeping?' she thought and started getting ready. She put on a pair of white loose pants with a pastel blue top and a white cardigan sweater. She doesn't like to put in a lot of makeup. So, she just wiped her face with a micellar cleansing gel and put on a bit of sunscreen, mascara and a lip balm.

Soon, Zayaan came out from the shower and like always he didn't dry up his hair. Like always, Fabiha dried up his hair for him. Zayaan wore a black trouser with a white shirt. The couple got ready and went downstairs. The servants took their luggage and placed them inside the car. They went to greet their family and bid goodbyes. "Dad, we are ready to go." Zayaan announced. Mrs. Fadel went to Fabiha and embraced her with a warm hug. Then she hugged her son. Nisha did the same. She gave Fabiha a hug and said, "Have a safe journey." Fabiha noded. "And you." Nisha turned towards Zayaan , "Don't bother her that much. And keep her happy." She added. "I will try my best." Zayaan answered. "Attend the party, I hope that everything will go smoothly." Mr. Fadel said to Zayaan. "I will try my best to represent our company, dad. Don't worry." Zayaan assured. "Come on pal, it's getting late." Zeshan commented. "Are you going to the airport with them?" Mrs. Fadel asked. "Yes, mom." Zeshan answered. "Good, that you're going to the airport with them." Mr. Fadel said. Soon they bid goodbyes and went inside the car.

After an hour of drive, finally the car stopped right in front of the airport. The driver placed our luggage on the trolley. Zayaan gave Zeshan a last hug and then the couple ascended towards the entrance of the airport. "Take a seat here. I will go and fulfill the formalities." Zayaan said as he made Fabiha seat in the waiting area. Before leaving he went to the old lady sitting beside Fabiha. "Ma'am, will you please look after my wife while I am away?" He asked the lady politely. The lady chuckled and said, "Of course, young man. I will look after your wife during your absence." He gave her a bright smile and left. 'He is never gonna change!' Fabiha cursed him on her mind. "Newly married?" The lady asked Fabiha. "No. It's been a while." Fabiha answered her politely. "Honeymoon?" The lady asked. Fabiha's cheeks became red as cherry, "No, no. It's a business trip." She answers while blushing hard. The lady leaned closer to her and said, "My husband also took me on a foreign trip saying that it was his business trip. But later it turned out that he took me on a honeymoon. He just wanted to surprise me." She whispered. "That's so sweet, ma'am. You guys must be loving each other hard. And yes, it's truly a business trip." Fabiha answers. "Yes, we do. We fell in love with each other crazily. And about that honeymoon, we were restless but still we didn't stop." She said and started chuckling. Fabiha also joined her. Soon Zayaan came back. "Hello, ladies." He said as he settled on the seat beside Fabiha. The ladies gave him a nod and again started chattering. Zayaan bought some coffee for them and handed them. "Incase you guys get tired due to chattering." He said as he handed them the coffee. Zayaan excused himself and stood in a corner. He took his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. The other person answered the call on fourth ring. "Hello." The other person answered. "Hey." Zayaan replied. The other person got astonished, "You?" Zayaan let out a chuckle and said, "Yes, it's me." "How come you called me after all these years?" The other person asked as her voice cracked. "Please, don't cry." Zayaan pleaded. But the girl broke down into tears. "Listen, I didn't call to make you cry. I called you to give you a great news." Zayaan said as he tried to pacify her. "But if you cry like this, I won't tell you why I called you." He added. "Okay, okay. I will stop. Now tell me, what's the great news?" She asked, still her voice is brittle. "I am coming." He said. The girl jumped out of happiness. "Please don't tell me that it is a prank. Cause, if it is, then I won't forgive you." The girl said. "I am not joking, my sweetheart. I am serious. The flight is anytime now." Zayaan informed. "I will finally see you, touch you, hug you after ages." The girl said. "Me too." Zayaan said as his voice cracked up too. "Is she coming with you?" She asked. Zayaan took a glace at Fabiha who is still busy chattering with the lady, "Yeah." He answered. "Will it be okay, if I come to the airport to pick you guys up? Have you confirmed the hotel?" She enquired. "Sure, sweety. You can come. And yes, I have confirmed the hotel. So don't worry about that." He said as he looked at his watch, "Hey, sweetheart. It's time for my flight. I gotta hang up the call now. And yes, remember to take care of yourself and my little angel too. Bye." He added. She bid bye to him and hung up the call.

Zayaan wiped his tears and went to Fabiha. "Are you okay?" She asked with a hint of concern. He didn't say anything rather he gave her a nod. "It's time. Let's go." Zayaan said. Fabiha bid goodbye to the lady. "Thank you ma'am for taking care of my wife." Zayaan said as he gave her a nod. And then the couple left.

Enough for today. Can I hope to get some more votes and comments?