CHAPTER 3: A SPARK OF ATTRACTION

Dedicated to Cool-cat2023, Drix
And Manuella.

As I step into my apartment, the soft glow of the afternoon light spills in with me, illuminating the cozy space. The door creaks open, like a gentle whisper, revealing the warm embrace of my home. I feel a sense of relief wash over me, like shedding a worn cloak, as I leave the world outside behind. Amaru, my constant companion, follows closely, his eyes scanning the room with a quiet intensity, his presence a reassuring comfort.

As I step further in, the scent of fresh lavender and vanilla envelops me, transporting me to a place of serenity. The soft hum of the city outside fades into the background, replaced by the soothing silence of my sanctuary. My gaze wanders, taking in the familiar contours of my home.

Amaru moves ahead, his footsteps quiet on the soft carpet, as he claims his spot on the windowsill, where the fading light casts a golden glow on his fur. I smile, feeling a sense of peace settle in, like a gentle rain shower on a spring morning. This is my haven, my refuge, where the world outside recedes, and all that remains is the warmth of my own little world, shared with my loyal companion, Amaru.

I turned to Amaru with a smile."Thanks for your help, Amaru. You're a lifesaver."

Amaru chuckled, his eyes sparkling with mischief as he smiled back, his voice low and smooth like honey. "Anytime, Azera. Just be careful, Adrien and Galinera might not have entirely believed me."

I nodded, my mind already racing with thoughts of Sky. "I'll be more careful, I promise. I will learn to mask my emotions, to support their relationship without letting my own desires cloud my judgment. I will be a good friend, a true companion, and celebrate their love without letting my own heartache show."

Amaru yawned, his eyes drooping like a sleepy cat, and stretched out, his chest rising and falling in a gentle rhythm. I sent him to my room tucked a soft blanket around him on his dog bed, the fabric whispering against his skin,

After a while I sighed," You get some rest, Amaru. You've earned it."

Amaru trusted me knowing that when I'm determined to do something I don't back down.

He yawned again, stretching his lean frame before settling onto the bed. I watched as he drifted off to sleep, his gentle snores a soothing background hum.

I quietly gathered my belongings, careful not to disturb him, and and slipped out of the room like a whisper and closed the door to ensure his peaceful slumber.

As I began to pack, the rustle of fabric and clink of glass vials filled the air, my thoughts a jumble of excitement and nerves. Just then, a knock at the door shattered the silence, like a gentle raindrop on a still pond. I opened it to find Archmage Senior Eryndor, Lyra's older brother, standing in the hallway with a warm smile. His piercing blue eyes sparkling like a summer sky, his black hair shining like moonlight.

 His piercing blue eyes sparkling like a summer sky, his black hair shining like moonlight