Mysterious Story Of A Girl Who Found Herself In A Local Newspaper [Part-2]

*Melissa tosses and turns in bed, the weight of her newfound truth heavy on her mind. She quietly slips out of bed, careful not to wake her sleeping parents. With trembling hands, she gathers a few belongings and tiptoes out of the house into the cool night.*

**Melissa (whispering to herself):** This can't be real... I need to find out the truth.

---

She walked aimlessly, her mind swirling with confusion and fear. Suddenly, she hears footsteps behind her.*

**Melissa:** Who's there?

**Stranger girl:** Just a fellow night owl. You seem lost.

**Melissa:** You have no idea.

**Stranger girl:** Want to talk about it?

**Melissa:** I don't even know where to start. And I don't even know who to trust anymore.

**Stranger girl**: The streets are not safe for a lady like yourself.

**Melissa:**: But you're a girl too

**Stranger girl:** I'm different..Anyways, my name is Ashley. But you can call me Ash.

**Ash:** (Trying to change the topic*) : So, spill it. What's eating you?

**Melissa:** Turns out, I'm not who I thought I was. My whole life has been a lie.

**Ash:** That's heavy. But you're not alone. I can help you.

**Melissa:** How?

**Ash:** Let's just say I have connections. But first, tell me, what's your name?

**Melissa:** Melissa.

---

[CIA Safehouse - Secret Location]

With nowhere to go,Melissa followed the stranger in the middle of the night, she saw a huge building..it said C.I.A..
As she went inside, she found herself surrounded by high-tech gadgets and stern-looking agents.

**Melissa** Where am I?

**Ash:** Welcome to the CIA safehouse.
Don't worry, you're safe here.

**Melissa:** CIA? What does the Central Intelligence Agency have to do with me?

**Ash:** Let's just say, your situation is more complicated than you realize. But we're going to get to the bottom of it.

**Melissa:**I really don't understand...my parents were the best parents. They were the coolest parents amongst all my peers.

[[Typing,clicking sounds...]]

**Ash:**Here..do you recognise these two...?

**Melissa:**Yes..they are my mom and dad...

**Ash:** Read this. .

Article dated Sept 14, 2014
"Serial killer and murderer Jeffery Brown and Nicole Sebastian ran away from the prison cell. Experts say that these people are too Dangerous for the society. There psucopathy level is so high that they can't form normal human bonds and their desire to kill is even higher than an average criminal because there is no sense of guilt involved" If you see them,even as your neighbor or someone else's neighbor or friend, report to the police asap!
Don't be deceived by their acts. They are Natural manipulators,
They can't feel emotions..everything they do is just an act- An act to look normal and mingle in the society and carry on their illegal activities.

Many scientists even believe that such people are unable to maintain a normal happy family life"

**Melissa:** shocked* What..!?

**Ash** Let me explain. Your parents, they are criminals. They kidnapped you to make you work in their favor..they built a family.and that too- A very loving and happy family...they used you as a bait and disguised themselves under a different name, and in a different location.. They both changed their identity..both physically and legally."

The police department from this area saw an increased level of criminal activities in the past 10 years..It was not a coincidence. Many murders and kidnappings occurred in this area since these two entered the town.. we were trying to find out who was behind it all and thanks to you we have identified them. In the past 10 years no one was able to identify them other than you,Melissa.

We'll capture them again and many people would be freed..if they're still alive- I've informed the police department and they'll be there soon.

**Melissa:** So do you mean, they were still murdering people while I was living with them?

**Ash:** Yes, exactly.. even while you were having dinner..there must be someone getting tortured in the basement.
...

Melissa wanted to puke.. this- this can't be real..
But even her own gut feeling told her to believe Ash's words..it was just too much to take all at once.

**Ash** I'm sorry Melissa, but that's the truth..

Melissa felt disgusted.. she looked at that "Wanted" poster again..her mom dosen't look too kind in this photo..rather, scary.

**Melissa**: I don't understand one thing..like why were they so nice to me..like, I've read some mystery novels and most of the time, the psychopaths restrict the access of the victims from the outer world..

**Ash**
This is exactly what they used against you.. Your freedom. Unlike every clitchè novel, your parents pretended to be cool.. They made you believe that you are free . But in reality you were under the surveillance 24/7 . The day I met you for the first time in the local library..i found this little GPS device on your bag. On the outside, it looks like a cute sticker but in reality, it's a tracker.No one can identify this little device..only the top CIA agents or the most advanced criminals. From that day on, I knew something was wrong, that's why I've been following you for quite some time now- to know the truth. I always carry this little device with me..
so I immediately knew about it .

Today as well, the bag you were carrying, it had a gps attached to it..I
But I threw it away without you knowing..

For now, just sleep here and don't run out of here and you'll be fine. Tomorrow, we'll be taking a plane to Dakota where your real parents live. Till then, you gotta stay calm-
Got it.?

**Melissa:** Yes ma'am..

**Ash:**---Don't worry I'll lead you to your final destination.

**Melissa** Why are you even helping me?

**Ash** Just doing my job.

**Melissa:** I just wanted to say... thank you.. For everything.

**Ash:** No need to thank me, Melissa. Just promise me one thing.

**Melissa:** Anything.

**Ash:*
You have to pretend that you don't know me. That you never met me before. This Conversation Never Happened.

**Melissa:** I will. And maybe... I'll see you around?

**Ash:** Maybe. Take care of yourself, Melissa.

*With a nod and a small smile, Ash disappears into the night, leaving Melissa to find her true self.

[The End]