28 What Truth?

Part 28 What Truth?

Sheetal jerked feeling a touch on her shoulder. She turned behind and was shocked to see the same girl standing whom Arnav mentioned as his friend. It seemed she heard their talks. Sheetal looked at Khushi sharply, expecting her to start.

"Did you love Arnav?" Khushi asked her.

Sheetal so wanted to say, STILL but she simply nodded yes.

"Did he?"

Sheetal nodded no, gulping down. She saw relief in Khushi's face. That confirmed Khushi's stand.

"Why didn't he love you? What TRUTH did you talk about?"

"It must be Arnav who should tell you that," Sheetal said.

"But why? Why should not you tell me?"

"It's because the truth is like that"

Khushi was perplexed.

"if the truth is like that, how would he tell me that?"

"He may tell you if you say you are in love with him," Sheetal said smirking.

Khushi frowned. What did that mean? Khushi became thoughtful. That disappointed Sheetal. At some point, she expected Khushi to say, 'I don't love Arnav' but she didn't. So, Sheetal was sure that Khushi loved Arnav.

"Why so?" Khushi asked.

"You will get to know if you confess him your love"

"Could you tell me, what the truth is about?" Khushi asked restlessly.

"About your life... about your future... about your happiness...! If you are in love with him, change your mind. It won't work" she added.

Khushi felt a bang on her heart. Why won't it work?

"Why are you saying so?" Khushi asked, trying hard not showing her turmoil.

"The truth is like that. You can't bear it. It's such a truth that will tear your heart. He will tell you if you propose to him, I suppose," Sheetal said, trying to read her mind.

"How are you so confident?"

"I experienced it"

"Were you his friend?"

"No... he never had a friend in his life before you. You are the first one...maybe the last one...!"

Khushi could not get anything. What was the truth that would tear her heart and, Arnav wouldn't mind telling her that? If it tore her heart, Arnav should not tell her, right? How would he dare hurt her?

"Can't you tell me the truth?" Khushi asked for one last time.

Sheetal nodded no firmly.

Khushi started walking not wanting to stand there. She understood Sheetal would not tell her the truth. So, she didn't think there was a point in asking her about it. Her mind whirled in a storm. What kind of truth it was that had a connection with her life, future, and happiness? Khushi so wanted to propose to him but now, she was scared to do that. What if he stopped talking to her and kept a distance from her? Until a few minutes ago, she was so confident that Arnav also had feelings for her but now, after meeting Sheetal, she had a doubt about Arnav's feelings. What if he said 'You are ONLY my friend?' She could not think she could live without him. She felt like someone was slicing her heart mercilessly.

On the other side, Arnav was suffocating like hell. He didn't dare to face the truth. He didn't know what Khushi would do after knowing the truth. She might stop talking to him. She would not even like to look at his face. She would snatch the honor of being her friend. However, one day he had to tell her the truth. Or else, his life would not have VALUE. At the same time, the fear of losing Khushi threatened him like a ghost. He shouted his heart out making the birds in the woods wing stroke from the trees.