10 Lies

Part 10 Lies

Arnav and Khushi became a HOT topic of the Beryl collage. At the end of the day, there was no single person in the college who didn't talk about them.

"Arnie... give me your number," Khushi asked.

Before she took her mobile to save his number, Arnav wrote his number on her note. Khushi read it two times and memorized it.

"Don't you want my number?" she asked.

He was silent even though he wanted it because he knew she would give it to him anyhow. Pulling his hand, she wrote her number in his palm.

"This is my number... keep it even though you have no idea to call me," she said while saving his number in her phone.

"Arnie..." she saved it.

"Why do you call me ARNIE?"

"Don't you like it?"

He was stuck by the question.

"I like it... isn't it sounding catchy?" She asked.

Arnav said nothing because it was not only catchy but also TOUCHY. No one ever called him in such a name... in fact, no one called him with his real name but CBM.

Vedika bit her nails frustrated, seeing them close.

"I told you to give your notes to her but you denied it. If you had given your notes, she would not have gone to Arnav. See, what happened now. They became a close and popular pair in our college. It's because of you" Swedha said.

"What do you think? Would they be long-lasting? Don't we know Arnav? He is a beast...! He doesn't even speak to anyone. It's just an attraction that made him speak to her. That's all. We are going to see them soon getting separated" Vedika said.

Swedha nodded her head sighing.

The last bell rang. Khushi walked with Arnav. They came to the bus stop. Arnav stopped an auto and gestured for Khushi to sit in it.

"Bye... will meet tomorrow"

Arnav nodded ok. Khushi looked at him until the auto took a turn. Khushi came home and was happy like ever before. She saw Shashi at home.

"Dad...." Rushing to him, she clutched his hand and revolved around him, making him rotate.

"Khushiiii... what happened? What's the reason for your happiness?"

"Dad... Arnav became my friend..."

"Arnav??"

"Yes, Dad... he gave me notes and brought me lunch too"

"Is it?"

"Yeesssss..."

"Great... nothing is hard for my daughter..." he laughed.

"Yeah... by the way, how did you come home soon?"

"I have to go again...! I just came to get fresh..."

"Oh... shall I bring tea for you?"

"Yeah, I need one"

"Just five minutes..."

She rushed to the kitchen. Shashi went to his room to get ready. Khushi prepared tea and brought it. She gave it to Shashi who came getting ready.

"Dad, do you have Arvind uncle's number?"

"Mmm... yeah..."

"Give me..."

"Why didn't you ask Arnav? Won't he give you?"