Chapter 92: I slept all alone

When I woke up the next morning, I stayed on the bed for a while. I waited till the time I knew Gary won't stay here anymore. Every Monday he leaves quite early.

I opened the door slowly and tiptoed throughout the apartment to check if he was still there. He wasn't. I felt relieved that I do not have to face any chaos in the morning.

My Monday morning was pretty obvious, I left for work on time. Since it was the first day of the week so automatically I had more work to do. During my coffee breaks I was having so many mixed feelings about Gary. I wasn't expecting him to be such a misogynist. I started thinking if I should ghost him forever, leave his place and go back to my old miserable life. But he will find me wherever I go in this city.

I was having thoughts what if he shows up in the office? He has great connections, no one in the office knows about me and Gary, except Marshall of course, he only knows we are friends. Maybe that's what I think, Gary can tell him what's between us, I'm just not aware.

I couldn't think straight if I had the option to leave the job all of a sudden. That too after already receiving 2 months advance salary. I couldn't hide from trials I'm sure.

I reach home, and just when the elevator door opened at my floor, I saw something standing in front of my apartment door. I walked closer and it was a big yellow paper bag. I looked around myself trying to find anyone who could leave this here. I saw no one. I could smell a similar fragrance, I peeped inside, I could see sunflowers.

When I walked inside, I checked every room to see if he is already there, though it was pretty obvious the bouquet won't be standing outside, if he was here.

I pulled out the bouquet and noticed the delivery tag. He wasn't here. I kept the flowers in my bedroom, since this was my first time receiving bouquet from anyone.

I was expecting Gary to call me or text me, but he didn't. Maybe he thought a bunch of flowers can make things up. I didn't mind. He wasn't supposed to make things up for me, but he wasn't supposed to doubt me either.

I slept early that night. I wasn't waiting for him, I slept with his sunflower fragrance around me.

The next day was nothing different, I went to work, pretty normal day. I made some friends at the office. Just normal talks, nothing more like sharing contacts, I'm not here to make connections. I came back home and found my door already unlocked.

Gary wasn't supposed to be here before weekend, the lock wasn't tampered or broken, I thought if someone else has a key of the apartment.

I waited a minute standing outside. This couldn't be safe. I thought of calling the guards first, I didn't wanted to enter a slasher movie scene like the blond women characters who dies in the beginning of the movies.

But since I'm an introvert I opened the door myself and entered with utter silence.
I kept my eyes and ears open and started scanning the whole place.

"I was waiting for you" came the voice from my right and I almost crashed with the wall beside me out of the junpscare. It was Gary, I didn't know what he was doing.

"You scared me, again"

"I'm sorry..."

"It's okay" I cut him off and walked past him inside.

"You know I'm sorry for that night" he said following me inside.

"And?" I asked without turning towards him.

"I shouldn't have said anything that could lead into something else, without double meaning" he walked closer. "I should have waited till your hangover to talk about it. It was so immature"

"You are a misogynist" I said it right on his face as soon as he came in Front of me.

"I agree, I was being childish and immature and cruel. I didn't mean to hurt you or accuse you of infidelity."

"You can't use the fucking infidelity word. We aren't dating Gary, I have no idea how many girls you are sleeping with" I got furious at the moment, I felt my heart beating faster.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have said anything that could sound like I'm accusing you of anything. I know you are not, I was being stupid and I regretted that night."

"Did you? Really?"

"I was knocking on the door for so long. I knew you won't get to hear much but was counting on the chance you will put your ears in the door and listen to my knocking. Unfortunately you didn't, and I am totally fine with it."

"Why are you here today? You left that morning"

"I left that night in case you didn't notice" he said holding my hands.

"Why?"

"I thought you would feel better if I gave you your space that you usually enjoy. I didn't wanted to get into your private space and bother you. So I waited for a day and half to show up. Expecting you in a better mood"

"I was okay until I saw you" I said with a lower pitch, after a deep breath. He pulled me closer

"I sent you flowers to uplift your mood"

"Tell me you won't say sensitive words again, not falsely accuse me ever"

"I promise. I usually don't"

"I know you don't, what happened that night?"

"I was worried about you" he said unbuttoning my Shirt. "That night after I saw you with all that blood, I couldn't think straight." He added and pulled down my skirt.

There he was standing half naked infront of me with only innerwear on.

"Come with me" he said leading me to the bathroom. He made me stand under the shower and turned it on.

"Relax babe, I won't say anything now that will bother you" he said running his fingers between my wet hairs.  "How do you feel?" He whispered into my ears