Chapter 21: You don't know what you did to me

"He heard your name when I appointed him for your case"

"He said he knows who I am," Abhimanyu asked me in a suspicious way.

"There are quite a few Abhimanyu I have worked with. I might have confused them with you." David covered up and I got some relief.

"Oh guys, you are so confusing"

"He is a fun type," I said and we went back to the topic of his divorce.

"So Mr. BASU. I hope you got all your papers.?" David asked Abhimanyu and he handed over the papers he brought with him.

"I will keep a copy of these for my documents. And now comes the most important thing. I will send a legal notice to your wife and your wife has to show up within a week. And what you have to do is to stop the notice from reaching your wife. She won't know, she won't come"

"I understand."

"Things don't end here, when your wife won't show up, the notice-sending process will continue for another 2 times. You have to stop them too."

"So, it will take some time."

"Yeah. Maybe a month. It wouldn't have been that difficult if she was involved in adultery. Laws give immediate divorce to infidelity. Since there's no record of that, we have to wait for her not to show up and deny the divorce. You have to do it very carefully"

"I have a job to do. I can't stay at home for like a month just to wait for a letter and vanish it" Abhimanyu looked unpleased.

"Bribe the postman, rent your neighbor. Do whatever suits you. Just make sure the Letter doesn't reach your wife or she doesn't show up here for the next month."

"Okay," he looked like thinking something.

"So, are we done for today?" I asked David. I was in hurry to go back home and complete my work. Until I do it, I won't feel relief. It kept on running in my mind.

"Yeah. It's my job next. I hope you guys find a way to stop the notice and you should let me know."

"Sure," we said and raised up from our seats.

"Good luck David" I wished him and we walked out of the room.

While walking down the corridor, we walked separately as we didn't want to be caught in Samarthya's eyes.

After getting into his car we got relief and he drove out as quickly as he could from the court area.

"You can drop me at the station," I told him and he gave an odd look.

"You are going right away?" He asked.

"It's Wednesday. You know what, my boss was asking me to do overtime Today. After a lot of effort, I made him give me the leave. I have to get to work tomorrow early. So I have to get back"

"Why was he asking for overtime?"

"He had some urgent work."

"Oh, so he handed it to someone else now. You don't have anything to worry about. But I have something urgent. We are going to discuss that"

"What?" I asked and Abhimanyu didn't reply to me for the rest of the time he drove. I didn't tell him about my Remote work for the day. I was ready to risk my job again.

"Don't you have to go to your office?" I asked.

"I will. Before we are heading to my house"

"Why? Isn't Shivani at home?"

"You are going to meet her. Tell her that I will listen to her and take your remaining payment."

"Oh. I completely forgot about that. I have to get my payment. I'm investing too much energy"