Chapter 79: Wreck all my plans

“Come on, I already took an urgent leave on Saturday. I have to go today, I can't afford to lose one day of paycheck.

“Then lose for the whole month”

“What?” I started wondering if he got drunk in the early in the morning.

“Resign, I mean”

“Why are you kidding in the morning dude?”

“I ain't” he said and I rolled my eyes. I picked up my coffee, and headed towards the balcony, the morning felt better with direct sunlight on my face.

“What do you want?” I asked as he joined me within a minute.

“I got you a new job” he replied, taking a slurp from his glass.

“Come on, I won't fall for it. You're lying”

“I never lied to you yet, did I?” He said and I gave it a second thought, but still I couldn't trust him.

“You didn't, but I don't believe you now. Are you trying to trap me after giving me a place I desired?”

“You will change your mind after I take you there”

“Where exactly?”

“To your new office, first day, cheers” he said, clinking his coffee with mine.

“So getting a job is this easy nowadays? No interview, no exam, just hang out with a rich guy for a while?” I asked giggling.

“The interview is done already,” he replied, walking inside. I stood there confused, I wasn't buying all these. I waited outside until I finished my drink. I'm already in love with the view.

“We have a lot of time, I think we should have a round before you leave for your new office” I heard him say from behind after I put my glass in the sink.

“We ain't doing it that frequently” I made it clear.

“It's been so long”

“Not even 12 hours”

“I won't be bothering you for the whole week”

“Where will you be living?”

“Away, some nights at my apartment, some out of the city”

“Yeah?”

“You can trust me. You have all the week by yourself.”

“Okay” I took the chance and we had sex again. It's like the 3rd time in the last 24 hours. I wasn't bored, he is indeed great in bed.

“When will we be leaving?” I asked after we took our shower.

“Your shift starts at 11 AM. We have time” he replied and I still wasn't taking him seriously. “It's closer, not much far away, walking distance you can say” he added.

I still mailed my office for another urgent leave. I had to do it, I can't lose my job if I find out all these are scam.

I had a lot of time left so I made our breakfast. I planned oatmeal, toast and smoothies. He loved them. I was glad at least I could do something for him apart from driving him crazy in bed.

I arranged my clothes in the closet with the remaining I had. Gary took the reading room to attend some calls. As usual he was wearing his Black jeans and nothing on top. I took a sneak peek of the room, he was looking so sexy sitting on the chair with widespread legs and talking in a heavy voice on call.

I left him alone and arranged some more things in the bedroom.

“You said it's in walking distance” I said as he took me directly to the basement to his car.

“Walk when you are alone, I will take you in my car whenever I'm with you” he replied and we left.

I made sure I look good in the formal clothes I recently brought. Light makeup and ponytail hair. I don't even have the Idea what job he provided me, I still took my work tote bag.

It was like hardly a 5 minute ride to the office building. I passed the building so many times in my regular travels that I always wondered what type of salary people get working here. When I walked inside everyone was more beautiful than me, and they definitely wore some expensive clothes of the brands I never heard of.

“What's the job anyway?” I asked Gary while going up through the elevator.

“Very same as your last one," he replied.

As the elevator stopped at the 13th floor we walked out and I saw Gary shook his hands with a tall guy (as tall as Gary). When I had a look at the face of the man I felt I had seen this person before. I thought it's an usual face until Gary said,

“Morning Marshall”

“Good morning” he wished back and I remember he is the same guy from the Friday night at the restaurant Gary took me last week.

“She's looking forward to her first day at her new job,” Gary said, putting his palm on the small of my back. I kept wondering about his interview statement. Was the evening supper on Friday my interview? Was Mr Marshall my interviewer? Does he own the place? How did I even get selected with such a bad first impression?

“Welcome Siya, I'm glad to welcome you to our office. I hope you will give your best” Mr Marshall said, shaking hands with me.

“Yes. I will give my 100%” I replied without thinking anything. I gave a look to Gary, he owes me a lot of explanations.

“Thank you Marshall, she will be joining you in a minute” Gary said and he walked inside the office.

“You told me nothing” I turned to Gary once Marshall left.

“I told you will be attending to your new job”

“You told me nothing about the interview. How am I even allowed to join a new office without resigning from my previous position?” I said in a panicked voice.

“Relax, those things will be taken care of.”

“Tell me one thing, does Mr Marshall own this place or you?” I asked as nothing can be impossible, he knows a lot of powerful people, he owes a lot of expensive places, I can't be surprised if he appoints me in his own office.