3

Be scared
Be terrified
Be brave

Remus POV:

My fist made small knocks on Janus's door. I don't would've barged in like usual, but he told me to stop coming in without knocking— well, yelled at me.

"Who is it?" His voice was soft and muffled by the door.

"A bad bitch."

Janus sighed. "... come in, Remus."

I opened the door and saw him sitting on the edge of his bed, looking down at the beat-up wooden floor. The door slammed shut behind me and I plopped down next to him, rising and falling on the mattress for a second.

I tilted my head, trying to get a look at his face. "You good, bro? Ya were kinda quiet at dinner."

"I'm just terrible. Woe is me." He raised a dramatic hand to his forehead, letting me know he was sarcastic. I was worried for a second. He knows I have a hard time understanding sarcasm, so he makes it over-obvious for me.

"Oh no! How terrible." I played along, but it wasn't long before we were both laughing.

"Seriously though," he paused for a second. "I'm fine. No need to worry about me, Remus."

"K. Whatever ya say, Jan. I'll go then—" I rose to my feet and walked slowly out, waiting for him to stop me.

But he didn't.

A bit of guilt filled me as I closed the door behind me. Like a weight on my soul.

I felt... bad? I dunno. I've lived with the guy all my life— I can tell something is probably wrong with him. It felt weird just leaving him in there. But he said he was fine...

The guilt got worse with each step I took back to my room.

For some damn reason my dumbass was walking away from my best friend who could be going through something.

But there was a part of me that told me that he was my best friend, but I wasn't his. Who could care about me either way?

It was the shut of my door behind me that brought me back to reality. Well, for a second at least. Because almost immediately I could feel myself zone out.

This wasn't the first time that happened to me. Zoning out, not thinking about anything...

I was staring at nothing, letting my thoughts take me away. Sudden episodes of existentially— it wasn't the first time this happened to me.

Roman POV:

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT BITCH HAD THE NERVE TO JUST SHOW UP—" Virgil was currently bitching to me about Janus.

"What did he even do to you?" I hated him too— but I was curious about his reason.

"IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER!"

"Damn, calm it, emo raccoon." I did the gay hand thing and looked away from him.

"Sorry," He took a deep breath. "I just get.. really REALLY worked up over him."

"Don't worry, I get it." I stood up from the seat I had imagined into existence and walked up to him, pulling my hands in his shoulders. "He's a hardcore bitch."

"I'm glad someone gets it. Even if it's you..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

I had heard what he said, but I just liked seeing how his eyeshadow went purple when I called him out. It elicited a small giggled from me.

"Yo Anxiety Angel, hold the purple." I spoke between laughs.

"What did you just call me...?" The purple turned lighter— to a point it actually was eyebag color.

"Uhm— Anxiety Angel, it's a song by Elita."

"Who?"

"S-she's like the better Melanie?" I shrugged as the words fell from my mouth. I took down at the floor for a second, tucking a bit of hair behind my ear. Fuck, why was I getting so flustered for nO REASON?!?!?!?!?!

When I looked up, I saw that Virgil had a sorta deer in headlights look on his face. His mouth slightly parted, eyebrows up but eyes not fully open. The purple was vibrant, an almost glowing neon.

I fake coughed. "ANYWAYS. You should totally listen to her, you'd probably like her. She's the only artist I like that isn't musical theatre."

"Ok... I'll keep that in mind then." He let out an awkward chuckle that developed into an awkward cough— just like the one I had made.

We had a kinda awkward silence.... Fuck— why was it so hard to talk to him?! What was getting into me?!

He'd came to me for comfort— just to rant about Janus and Remus. But now I was too caught up in my thoughts.

Stupid, stupid brain—

"Yo princey, you good..? You're looking a bit pale."

"Oh yeah—" I quickly composed myself, a smiled falling on my face. "Just shocked by your beauty."

He tensed up. "Oh shut the fuck up."

Word count: 802

Thank you for reading!! I quit C.AI, and I'm planning on writing rather than using C.AI, so that means more chapters!! Yay!!

I hope you like the story and continue reading :3