waiting.

a few minutes pass and she wakes up holding her head. she looks down at her son who has fallen asleep on her lap. clinging to her she smiles and rubs his head. gently moving him, laying his body on the couch. she goes upstairs and prepares to get ready for the day she showers, imagining her son behind her washing her back. this fills her with a high feeling making her sleepy. she gets out of the shower and gets dressed heading out for work before she leaves. she takes one last look at her child, she smiles and closes the door.
he wakes up a few minutes later noticing his mother is gone he gets up and begins to clean the house throwing away all the empty bottles after he's done he goes into the bathroom looking in the mirror. his face bruised from the night before his body covered in cuts and bruises but his mom calls them love marks. he recalls the day she said that to him they were laying together the boy in his mother's arms. she hugged him tightly it hurt because of the bruises. the mother noticed his pain and said don't worry those are just a reminder for how much I love you they're love marks wear them with pride.
my sweet boy. my sweet boy. she said. that sentence kept repeating in his mind he grew calm love marks my momma really does love me. he gets dressed and leaves for school remembering her words make sure to cover up and not let anyone see those marks
they're only for you and me. he leaves the house wearing a hoodie and some sweats wearing a mask walking to school it's cloudy it might rain he loves the rain but not as much as he loves his mom.
he would do anything for her anything.

he arrives taking his seat in the back of the class barely paying attention to what the teacher has to say. he's tired. very tired. he feels as tho he's about to fall asleep when he receives a text from his mother reading be good for me.
the boy sits up straight and begins paying attention knowing he has to obey.
how did she know. that same moment she is sitting in her office staring out the window about to head to her meeting she can't wait for the day to be over
she really. can't wait she's tired and has a hangover but yet she still looks her best the only thing on her mind is getting back home to her son. her sweet boy. her favorite toy. it was a term of endearment for her when she called him that.
she steps into the room taking her seat amongst the other staff when the discussion begins. she's waiting.
waiting.