Chapter 8- Not like this.

Darrien.

Lizabeth and I have been hanging out a lot these past few days, and I have honestly been enjoying every minute of it. It was safe to say we were now dating.

We are at my place today, the apartment. We've been up here for a while so we decide to join the guys downstairs for a movie.  We take the bean bag at the far end of the room, her cradled in my arms.

She suddenly looks up at me and whispers, "Hey," she gives Ryan a side glance and continues in the small voice "what do you say your friends hang out with mine?"

I turn in Ryan's direction to see him smiling. Of course he heard that, I then turn back to my mate, laughing I whisper back, "that's a good idea babe." The whispering was definitely just to humour her since these guys can hear us as clear as day. But she doesn't know that yet.

I think of the possibility of Ryan finding a mate in one of her friends and it's worth the try.

I know liz's best friend already, Anaya Scott. And if there's a chance she could be Ryan's mate, I'll definitely help him find out.
It's either that or... I don't know.

For a Werewolf to be interested in a woman longer than a day, they have to be mates. Or at least-  like in Devyn's case, they have to choose one another.

So hang out is what we do. The next day we decide to go on a yacht cruise.

The girls are to meet us by 3pm. I'm excited.

*******************************
On the yacht, the guys and a few others are already settled on board.

Soon enough, Naya, Elizabeth, a girl named Olivia, a blonde and 2 other girls arrive at the scene.

"Oh wow.. " Naya muttered after taking a look around and lizabeth laughed. "Told you" she winked.

Darrien naturally gravitates towards the ladies to lead them further unto the cruise. With his mate already in hand, he does a quick introduction and soon enough everyone gets comfortable.

Naya was actively stunned by how attractive these guys looked. Sure she had seen fine guys, but these guys were seriously next level! She almost couldn't believe it.

Occasionally, she would glance at this one guy. He just sort of stood out to her.

The other girls were already getting comfortable. There was music and games, everyone was occupied.

What no one notices though, is the not so subtle glances between these 2 people, from the moment Naya got on board, her gaze had instantly been drawn to him. Those eyes...

He was silent, not as enthusiastic as the other guys. But for everytime she glances at him he was always looking back. His gaze unwavering, she'll helplessly just look away. This time when she looked up again, he smirked. She couldn't help the blush that crept up her cheek.

Chuckling she got up and stalked towards him. She was curious.

Planning her regular 'charmer' vibes, she tries to flirt with him. But devyn knows this trick,  safe to say he invited it. There's no way he's taking that bait. He chuckles. This woman was his mate. There's no way he's indulging her hook up with me and talk no more vibe. Na, not happening here.

"I'm serious.." she drawls flirtatiously. "I don't mind at all." She adds with a wink.
"Hmnn.." He was amused.  Locking eyes, "Sorry not interested." He chuckles then takes a sip from his cup. He places the cup down and leaves. She just stands there starring at his retreating figure. A small smile slowly spreads across her lips. She bites down on her bottom lip to hide it.

Now that was one interesting guy she thought, reaching for his left over cup she takes a swig.

In the midst of the commotion Ryan was in, he turned just in time to see devyn walking away from Naya. He did notice her. She was really pretty with her light brown hair and coffee brown eyes. This night again like many others, he had hoped to find his mate. But guess what, no such luck .

He makes his way towards her. This is the Naya Liz, darrien's mate was talking about right? And if devyn is not interested, that's expected... right, and also good for him.  He chuckled,  he never really got to talk to her. She's pretty, he acknowledges. Maybe we three friends could even get married at once. he laughs at his own absurdity  "Uh, hey... Naya right?"

*******************************
I know it's been a while, but if you guys vote and comment, I could drop another update this week 🤭 bribe me😝

❤️Tife_Oluremi.