Chapter 123: System Update

Start from the beginning

Of course, these supporting teams present would ensure the safe departure of Orochimaru's group. However, Konoha had more than just this one team in the Land of Rain.

While these individuals could retreat, the Konoha ninjas currently engaged in battle with the Sand Ninja in the Land of Rain would find it difficult to withdraw. Moreover, the temperament of Shimura Danzo might not be inclined to retreat.

"Hmph!"

After reading the contents of the scroll, Hanzo rolled it up. Before he could speak, the Iwa-nin eagerly tried to interrupt, and Orochimaru prepared himself to counter.

But before the Iwa-nin could speak, Hanzo gave him a fierce glare and said, "I don't care who invaded the Land of Rain first. All I know is that Konoha and Iwagakure have invaded the Land of Rain, and that's a fact."

"I won't waste words arguing with you. Only your Kage is qualified to explain this matter to me! You have three days to withdraw all ninjas and setups from the Land of Rain!

If you leave now, three days later, I will personally seek explanations from your Kage. But if you stubbornly remain in the Land of Rain, don't blame me for being impolite!"

"Yes, Lord Hanzo! Leading our team through the Land of Rain was an inevitable move to investigate Konoha's war actions. Now that Lord Hanzo has intervened, I believe Konoha will cease its war activities.

Regarding our passage through the Land of Rain, on behalf of Hidden Rock Village, I once again extend sincere apologies to the Land of Rain and Lord Hanzo. We hope that the Land of Rain and the Land of Earth can engage in peaceful negotiations and seek peace together."

The Iwa-nin adopted a very humble posture, devoid of any arrogance typical of a major nation. However, after saying this, he gave Orochimaru a smug look.

Orochimaru's expression remained grim, not only due to exhaustion of physical strength and chakra but also because the Iwa-nin's words concealed something. He was subtly implying that Konoha was the root of all evil.

Furthermore, the Iwa-nin had thrown a stumbling block at Konoha. While it was a fact that Konoha had invaded, if they wanted to engage in peaceful negotiations, they would have to cease their war activities to demonstrate their sincerity.

However, Konoha's war was not with the Land of Rain or the Land of Earth; it was with the Wind Country, a fourth party. Unless the Wind Country was also brought into the discussion, everyone would have to agree to cease hostilities together.

Otherwise, if Konoha stopped fighting now, they would face a series of counterattacks from the Sand Ninja, undoing all the advantages they had gained and even suffering losses.

Thinking about the current commander on the main battlefield, Orochimaru got a headache. He didn't believe that Shimura Danzo, representing the war hungry faction, would accept defeat and retreat from the Land of Rain battlefield.

But at this moment, Hanzo's gaze also fell on Orochimaru, implying without words that since the Iwa-nin had made their stance clear, shouldn't Konoha do the same? Not asking for greater sincerity, but at least equality, right?

"Hanzo-sama, I will report what has happened here to the village and discuss a reasonable solution as soon as possible, and we will implement it promptly. Please believe that Konoha is sincere about peace."

Orochimaru could only say this with a stiff expression. Hanzo, who had finally relaxed his expression, became grim once again. This meant that Konoha was still unwilling to cease hostilities.

"Sincerity for peace? Wasn't it Konoha that declared war this time?" The Iwa-nin spoke again with a touch of sarcasm. Tsunade clenched her fists, gritting her teeth, glaring at the Iwa-nin, but the Iwa-nin showed no fear and returned her gaze defiantly.