The Usurper from the Wilds 26-27

Start from the beginning

“Riddle, he shouldn’t-” Leona cut me off as I tried to play on his side. 

“What do you know about how I feel?!” Leona shouted at Riddle… I said the exact same thing to Riddle before… Leona was getting more pissed off, more frustrated, no one was letting him breathe, I turned to try and tell everyone to leave him alone, but before I could say anything Lilia spoke. 

“Would that the lion king of the savanna could witness this absolute farce. No, if you ask me, the collar suits you far better than a crown ever could.” Lilia spoke, shaking his head, why the fuck would he say that?! He’s making the situation worse! Leona growled, taking a step closer to Lilia. “You may bemoan the fact that you’re not higher in line to be king. But with that sensitive ego of yours? That so quick;y directs all your petty anger at your retainers… Well, the idea of you ever contending with a REAL king like our Malleus—is absolutely laughable. Even if you COULD defeat Malleus, so long as that’s how you choose to conduct yourself? You could never be fit to rule!” 

“Lilia, stop-” Once again as I went to speak, I was cut off by Leona as I attempted to defend him. 

Leona burst into laughter… Shit.. “Hah.. ha ha. You’re probably right. No, you’re EXACTLY right…! Ha ha ha ha! I will never become king. No matter how hard I try!” Leona’s mocking playful tone turned to that of pure anger as sand began to kick up again. 

“Myah?! All my fur’s standin’ on end!” Lilia had placed Grim back on the ground, his ears pinned back as he looked around, he slowly looked up at me with a concerned look. 

“The magic within Leona is surging… I don’t think my collar can hold it!” Riddle shouted, fuck he’s going to overblot. 

“No. That isn’t magic power. That’s negative energy, which means…” Lilias' mischievous look turned into terrror as he realized what I had already known. 

“He’s going to overblot! I tried to stop you guys from pissing him off more!” I screamed out, everyone snapped their heads around to look at me, surprise and terror on their faces, no one understands social cues or warnings do they? 

“Everybody, get down!” Cater screamed out as the Riddle collar flew off, flying right past where everyone was standing as we crouched down. “Riddle’s collar flew off?!” Cater yelled as the sky darkened above us. 

“I’ve been loathed since the day I was born. I’ve never had a place, never had a future! None of my hard work is ever rewarded! How could any of YOU possibly understand? MY disappointment?! MY pain?! AAAAAAAAAH!” Leona screamed out in pain and anger, suddenly everything went black for me, I could see the yellow background and the ink, so much ink. 

As I opened my eyes again, I was laying flat on the sand below me, sand flying all around, I looked up as I sat up, making eye contact with a now overblotted Leona, he roared out, he wore gold teeth and fur around his neck, and traditional fabric around his waist, blot covered his arms. A giant black shadow began to come out of his back. “What’s happening?! Some kinda giant shadow is comin’ outta him!” Jack screamed out, his tail tucked between his legs. 

“That’s the incarnation of his blot!” Deuce yelled back, answering Jack, the incarnation of Leona’s blot looked like a giant lion with a bottle full of ink for a head. 

“Is he goin’ into evil darkness bersekerer mode like Riddle did?!” Grim shouted as he cowardly hid behind me. 

“If you can move, seek shelter! Ace, Deuce help me take the wounded outside! Lilia, please get help from the faculty!” Riddle sounded out commands getting an “On it!” from Ace and Deuce as they rushed to go help the injured Savanaclaw students, while also receiving a “Understood. Stay strong until I return!” from Lilia as he darted away.