prologue- 19-20

Chapter 19-A lesson learned  - chapter 20-the prologue adjourned + non cannon thing

We ran back to what seemed to have brought us here and with a large flash of light we were back in the mirror chamber, and there stood Crowley. He seemed to be surprised to see us with a magestone “pardon?! You’re telling me you actually went to the dwarfs’ mine in search of a magestone?” 

All of us looked at him with bewilderment “uh….? Yes?” I looked Crowley in his eyes “why wouldn’t we have gone?” 

He cleared his throat “I didn’t expect that you’d seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents.” 

“Are you serious?! While we were fightin’ some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!” grim growled, crowley raised an eyebrow “monster…?” 

Ace rolled his eyes like it was the most obvious thing in the world “yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!” 

Crowley's face twisted with confusion “would you kindly relate this story in full in my office?”  he had turned  and began walking to it as we followed, it took a while down the long hallway before entering the office in which we stood around his desk as he sat down “well?” Everyone seemed to look at me for answers. 

I took a deep breath “okay so there was this big goopy monster that wanted to keep the stone for itself but we needed it so we wouldn't get expelled and it kept attacking us, so we fought back and ended up destroying it with magic and got to keep the stone and then we came back here. The end.” I moved my hands dramatically while speaking, at the end of the story crowley only hummed. 

“So a mysterious monster was living in the mines and the four of you worked to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me?” Ace's body stiffened. “I don’t know that I'd call it ‘working together.” deuce took a step forward “it was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time…” 

Crowley took a deep breath before bursting into tears causing all of us to take a step back “oh, gracious” he let out a loud sobbing noise as he buried his face into his hands, grim hid behind my leg “what is this guy’s deal?! Burstin’ into tears in public? At his age?!” 

“In all the decades I've worked at this school… The day has finally come when students of night raven college have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!” Crowley let out another sob and then I heard deuce let out a gasp and immediately throw his hands up “whoa! No! No way would I join hands with that guy!” deuce pointed at ace when ace said “okay, one, there was no joining of hands. Gross. And two, exactly HOW old are you, headmage?” their so gay for eachother, also how old is the crow bitch? 

Crowley let out another sob “at this moment, I am moved beyond words. This incident has proven my hopes were justified.” Crowley jumped up from his seat and grabbed my hands “y/n, my doubts are allayed! For you… you possess the talents of a beastmaster!”

I laughed awkwardly “what talents are those, exactly?” a smile grew on crowley's face before he let go of my hands “my students have all been selected by the dark mirror for their exceptional talent and potential. But great talent begets great pride and big egos. Most are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others.” 

Grim growled “you make it sound like that’s a bad thing.” I smirked and mumbled “hit dog will holler” he snapped his head up to look at me “what did you say?!” All I did was shake my head. 

Crowley continued talking “but you, y/n, possess no magic. Yet in spite of that—or perhaps because of it— you were able to convince those who CAN use magic to work together for a common goal. The everyday, humdrum mundanity you possess may be exactly what night raven college needs!” okay wow, rude…