Chapter 20

[TRIGGER WARNING!]

This story contains of depression, suicide, and bullying.THIS STORY CONTAINS content that might be troubling to some readers, including, but not limited to, depictions of and references to death, suicide, overdosing on medical drugs and self-harm, childhood trauma, sexual assault and PTSD. Please be mindful of these and other possible triggers, and seek assistance if needed. Remember to practice self-care before, during, and after reading this part of the book.

Typographical and Grammatical errors ahead. Please proceed with caution.

Enjoy reading!

-----

“A-AND i was glad that she was able to kick him and escape from his arms that night, miss. She  was so lost when her eyes meet mine that i was too. I was lost too and i don't know what should i do in that moment. But when i heard his steps, that monster, i grab her hand immediately and made her out of the monster's territory. But h-he started to look for her lately because he thinks that she is actually still alive and that she wasn't the dead body that we found in the car accident before with her fiancé.”

Napakurap ako habang nakatingin sa kaniya.

“Hala, kaya ba inuunahan mo na ngayon yung tatay mo para mailigtas mo yung kakambal mo?” nag-aalala kong tanong sa kaniya.

Tumango siya habang nagpupunas ng luha gamit ang towel na ibinigay ko.

“But strangely, she told me something before. She said that he is Heuseff and not the Lucero we thought he is. It was weird but i think it's because she is panicking, that's why she says it. Maybe, she was pertaining to his monster side that he never show to anyone.”

I pout and accidentally look at her wrist. There's a lot of marks on it, as if she had been trying to kill herself but just can't continue it.

Knowing that, my heart skipped a beat and hugged her immediately, “You're so strong for still being able to fight for all this time, even though it might had been so rough and hard for you.”

She smiled, “I wasn't strong at all, miss. I was just bearing all of this so that i can save someone i love because she save me before too and because she's my sister.”

I smiled and caressed her cheeks, “Still, you were able to get through it.”

She smiled, “Thank you for listening to my worries, miss.”

Ngumiti ako nang may mapagtanto ako, “Pero bakit mo sa akin kinikwento ang buhay mo?”

She chuckled, “Because you are kind and you're technically a stranger to me.”

Ngumuso ako, “Ano namang kinalaman no'n?”

She smiled as she look around, “Sometimes, it is more nice to share a part of you with someone who is good and someone you know that you won't encounter again. It's like sharing the pain with them and forgetting about it because you won't encounter them ever again.”

Ngumuso ako, “Pero madami namang kind na stranger, eh, bakit ako?”

She chuckled again and hold her hair, “I choose you because you're the one who's here. Kiddikng aside, it just that... You will understand me, i can feel it. But others will judge me. They will criticise me for not being strong enough to face my father that time and fight him for doing that with my sister. They will criticise me for all of the decisions i had done. But you will not, i am just sure that you will never do.”