2.6| LOVE AND LIES

Bold: Russian

────⋆⋅જ⁀➴

"Can't you see that I'm falling?

Falling for you."

⁀➴ Can't you see?

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

2008
HYDRA
SIBERIA BASE

"Soldats report."

Show no weakness, Winter Child. That is what was always said to Katerina Barnes. She wasn't even Katerina Barnes anymore, she never had been, it was a made up name. She had no name, she was simply the Winter Child and the Winter Child did not fall to the enemy.  The Winter Child could not be won over.

Katerina lay on a cot, overlooked by a doctor and her father, alongside their supervisor. She was sick, they could see that but she was containing her pain well. They had returned like this, with her father glaring down the guards until they got the memo.

"We took out the targets and witnesses," The Winter Soldier responds. "An agent got in the way and did this."

He nodded his head towards his daughter. No one had ever expected the soldier to care about anything after his time in HYDRA but he was protective over her. HYDRA didn't mind, since she never got in the way of a mission and the soldier was well-equipped to abandon her if necessary. They were the rules; it was the way they were allowed to have any sort of relationship if you could even call it that.

"No," Katerina replied, lips straight.

"No? Meadows is to pay, Soldat," Alexander Pierce replied, their supervisor. "You allowed her to capture you, did you not?"

"I do not mean that she should not pay," said Katerina, still with no emotion. "But taking her out will do nothing if logic were to speak."

There was a difference between The Winter Solider and his child. The Winter Child had not been morphed into their solider like he had, she had been raised and trained. However, she still had an opinion and a voice, unlike her father who did anything they said without question.

Sometimes, her supervisor listened since she never made any choices based on emotion — they all had a wise reason and most helped HYDRA in the end. Other time, he made sure she kept her mouth shut.

"What do you propose we do?" Pierce questioned.

"Take something important from her," Katerina replied weekly. "Like she took me from Papa."