1.5| RETURN

────⋆⋅જ⁀➴

"Good things might come to those who wait

Not for those who wait too late"

➴ Just the Two of Us, Bill Withers

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

2015
STARK TOWER
NEW YORK

Avalyn Stark was struggling.

She wasn't even remotely sure what she was supposed to do now she was back in the real world. Even as she looked outside over New York, she saw a new world. A world where people were more obsessed with their smartphones and the internet; a world where people just needed to get by rather than have a good life.

She struggled with the bright lights after being in such a dark area for so long and the feeling of being on a real bed stopped her from sleeping. It felt so...unnatural now. Then again, then nightmares didn't help either.

There had been two occasions where she had screamed so loudly that Steve had knocked on her door or Florence had burst into the room with a panicked expression. There'd been three occasions where her name had been called and Avalyn had replied a smooth "ready to comply" in Russian, petrifying the life out of her mother and Natasha Romanoff. 

In fact, Avalyn quickly found that Natasha Romanoff was the best person to talk to if she was finding it hard to adjust. Unlike her alter-ego, Black Widow, Natasha wasn't all cold-hearted. She understood Avalyn's pain but didn't let her cry it out in her room; Natasha would drag her to the training room and fight with her to release anger.

It was a good method.

Tony and Florence heavily disagreed with this. Tony thought it would be better for Avalyn to party, drink and spend time with her family to avoid all her problems and get back to a normal life. Florence wanted Avalyn to sit and talk about her feelings with them.

That was the problem — Avalyn struggled with expressing feelings after suppressing them for so long.

Some things came very naturally to Avalyn...being respectful to everyone in the building (Steve Rogers appreciated it very much), trying to make herself useful by providing information on the HYDRA bases and knowing where she was wanted...or so she thought. She enjoyed having intelligent conversations with Bruce.

Avalyn just wanted to see Pepper, Happy, Rhodey, May and Peter. Pepper and Happy weren't around yet and couldn't get out of the job but she'd spoken to them on the phone. Pepper had promised they'd go shopping the moment she got back. Rhodey was coming to the party and Avalyn planned on visiting May and Peter the day before the party.