2.2| UNCOVERED

────⋆⋅જ⁀➴

"And I only could, I'd make a deal with God

and I'd get him to swap our places."

⁀➴ Running up that Hill, Kate Bush

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

2015
AVENGERS COMPOUND
UPSTATE NEW YORK

It had been two weeks since Sokovia. Everyone at the facility knew that Avalyn was struggling to adjust to a life of full freedom and the amount of control she had was overbearing. She buried her feelings into training with the others and Steve Rogers had begun to notice.

He noticed that she hadn't gone to see her parents since being there and they hadn't come to see her. At first, he thought she might have argued with them until he heard her on the phone to Florence emphasising she was just too busy and she'd be there soon. Steve knew Avalyn had all the time in the world if she wanted it.

He was the one who was there when she screamed into the dead of night, having the room next to hers. Though neither of them knew it, Tony purposely designed it so Avayn was between Natasha and Steve's rooms because he knew they would keep her safe.

Steve Rogers also knew Avalyn Stark was up to something.

"Ava," Steve called as he joined her in the kitchen. "We need to talk."

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now," Avalyn shrugged, biting down on her toast.

"I'm not really giving you a choice—"

"I have free will, capsicle."

"You're so much like Tony," Steve sighed.

Avalyn shrugged again, not really taking it as an offence or a compliment. It was a fact, she knew that. She'd barely slept and all she wanted to do was eat her toast in peace.

"If this is about waking you up last night, I honestly did not mean to!" Avalyn sighed, giving him an apologetic look.

"This isn't about that, Ava," Steve denied. "Nat thinks you're planning something on your own and you know—"

"Steve, I'm not planning anything."

Avalyn was, in fact, planning something. She was her mother's daughter and it was only natural for her to always be one step ahead of everyone. Avalyn was not someone to back down and if she wanted to do something, she would do it.

"Okay, maybe I am," Avalyn whined, throwing down the leftover toast piece. "I can't help it!"

"Ava, we don't keep secrets here," Steve warned. "I know you're struggling but whatever you're planning won't make you feel better."