1.6| THE WORD

────⋆⋅જ⁀➴

"I waste all this time tryin' to run from you 

But I'm, I'm out of my mind"

Not today, Twenty-One Pilots

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

2015
AVENGERS TOWER
NEW YORK

The first time that Avalyn Stark had called Tony Stark 'dad' was two weeks, two days and two hours into living at the Tower. It had been an accident: a great one if Tony Stark were to say so. Up until then, Avalyn had just avoided using any names and launched directly into conversations instead. It wasn't that she didn't want to refer to her parents as 'mom' and 'dad' but it no longer felt too natural.

She'd just been having a casual conversation to Bruce while she worked on making the boots for her suit when she needed something Tony had. She had just lightly called "Dad, can you pass me—?" over her shoulder and the man lit up in joy. He didn't point it out because he didn't want Avalyn to feel like it was a big deal.

It had only been a few days in the tower but things started to seem more... normal. If you could even call these people and their lives normal.

"Hi, Ava."

Avalyn jumped at Clint's voice, spinning around and pinning him to the wall.  Immediately, her eyes widened at the fact it was Clint.

"I'm so sorry," Avalyn apologised, letting go. "It's...an occupational hazard."

"No need to apologise, I get it," Clint smiled. "Just getting used to you being speedy."

Avalyn nodded as her mind wandered off. She remembered Clint easily; she'd spent time with him and his wife Laura as a child, they were friends with Florence so it was only natural. If anything, it was weird for Clint to see her all grown up. The last time Avalyn saw the Barton's, they had a two-year-old daughter and five-year-old son. 

"Yeah...I know it's a lot," Avalyn admitted. "I know I'm hard work."

"Hey, I've had to deal with your mom for years, I'm sure you'll be a piece of cake."

"What is the phrase, 'a piece of cake'? I am not cake."

"It's a metaphor, don't worry about it."

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────