Chapter 122: Cunning Onoki

Začít od začátku

Seeing Sarutobi Hiruzen become more confident, Sakumo Hatake nodded in agreement. Then, with a furrowed brow, he asked, "What about Tsunade and them?"

"Hanzo is not one to act impulsively. Even if this incident makes him extremely angry and determined to join the fight, he won't erupt today. His ambitions are too grand, so he's always cautious. As long as our forces in various locations don't suffer massive defeats, even if he catches my three disciples, he won't dare to act!" Sarutobi Hiruzen's words were firm and decisive, as if he had already seen through Hanzo despite the distance between them. Sakumo Hatake appeared somewhat puzzled, but he didn't inquire further. Instead, he nodded and said,

"I'll lead the team to the northern border as soon as possible."

"You have full authority. You decide who to deploy and how many. Just one request: Land of Lightning must not participate in the conflict!"

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

Meanwhile, intelligence about the clashes between Konoha's Ninjas and Hidden Rock Village Ninja was also relayed to the Hidden Rock Village in the Land of Earth. In a meeting room, a grizzled old man with a red nose couldn't contain his smile upon hearing the news.

"Finally, a clash! Remember, make it as big as possible, just as I instructed!"

Inside the meeting room, the Elders of the Hidden Rock Village couldn't help but wear expressions of speechlessness upon hearing the old man's words. However, no one dared to refute him. After all, he was their Third Tsuchikage, Onoki.

A young man who was distributing documents to the Elders asked in confusion, "Father-sama, why are you so happy that our Rock Ninja are fighting against Konoha? Do you think we'll win this battle?"

"Win? No, no, no. We're destined to lose this battle! I've even prepared an apology letter."

Onoki shook his head excitedly, rising from his seat. Standing on the chair, he didn't exude an intimidating aura compared to the others sitting down, but nobody dared to underestimate him.

After all, he was the powerful ninja who had fought against the legendary Ninja Madara Uchiha and survived.

Snap!

However, as he twisted to reach for something in his hip pouch, Onoki hurt his waist. Grimacing in pain, he called out to his son:

"Akatsuchi! Akatsuchi! Come help me get the letter out."

Akatsuchi reluctantly ran to his father's side and retrieved a crumpled letter from the pouch. Onoki, with one hand clutching his waist and the other holding onto the chair's backrest, addressed the Elders in the meeting room:

"Take a look at the contents of this letter. I've studied it thoroughly. If you find no issues, then we'll send it out according to its contents."

At this point, the letter began to circulate. Akatsuchi, who was tasked with delivering it, also saw its contents.

In essence, the letter stated that the Land of Earth had investigated the war between the Wind and Fire countries. To prevent further conflict, the Land of Earth had dispatched a few ninja for investigation. Due to geographical constraints and the focus of the Wind and Fire countries on the Land of Rain as a battleground, the Land of Earth had to pass through the Land of Rain to conduct their investigation.

However, upon entering the Land of Rain, they encountered Konoha ninjas who were maliciously lurking there and were forced into battle. The Land of Earth acknowledged and sincerely apologized for the facts of "passing through" and "engaging in battle" within the Land of Rain.

At the same time, they promised a complete withdrawal of Land of Earth ninja from the territory of the Land of Rain. Until a new diplomatic agreement was signed between the two parties, no Land of Earth ninjas would be dispatched into the Land of Rain.

At first, Akatsuchi looked a bit puzzled, but as he saw each of the Elders gasping in shock and pondering deeply, he understood the gravity of the situation.

"Hiss~"

Akatsuchi also took a sharp breath, then began to read the contents of the letter carefully. After scrutinizing it for a while, he managed to make out the words through the creases of the paper. Throughout the entire apology letter, there were two words everywhere: "passing the blame"!

Why did Hidden Rock Village get involved in this matter? Because of Konoha! Who initiated the war against Hidden Sand Village? Konoha did.

Why did Hidden Rock Village send people into the Land of Rain? Because of Konoha! Who brought the battlefield to the Land of Rain? Konoha did.

Why did Hidden Rock Village engage in battle in the Land of Rain? Because of Konoha! Who had Konoha's ninja attack our Rock ninjas? Konoha did.

Hidden Rock Village acknowledges its mistakes and promises not to repeat them. If the Land of Rain is still unsatisfied, they should take it up with Konoha because they are the real culprits!

Akatsuchi's gaze towards his father became strange because this time, the actions of the Rock ninjas had been planned since six months ago, which means his father completely anticipated Konoha's reactions and countermeasures.

Six months ago, Akatsuchi heard his father suddenly announce that they would dispatch ninjas to cross the Land of Rain and head to the Land of Rivers for investigation. It was those Rock ninjas involved in the investigation of the war who provoked Konoha's counter-investigation.

Akatsuchi could also guess what his father's response would be if Konoha brought this matter to light.

It would be about evidence. If Konoha had no evidence, then it would be baseless accusations. Even if Konoha had evidence, if the Rock ninjas investigating the war were caught, it would be in the Land of Rivers. What evidence is there to prove they appeared in the Land of Rain?

Realizing all this, Akatsuchi suddenly shuddered. He suddenly felt that his father's actions were not quite in line with the Will of Stone.

Throughout this whole ordeal, Hidden Rock Village had only one attitude: although they did something wrong, the fault does not lie with them!

Even this teenage boy, Akatsuchi, could understand it. Naturally, the Elders sitting in the meeting room of Hidden Rock Village could also see it. At this moment, their gaze towards Tsuchikage-sama was even more respectful.

The old man, one hand on his waist and the other on the chair, exuded an aura reminiscent of a wise sage.

Now that they understood the reason behind Tsuchikage-sama's recent peculiar actions, they naturally had no objections. Even if they did, it wouldn't matter, as Onoki could completely treat Hidden Rock Village as his own domain.

"Tsuchikage-sama, when should we send out this apology letter?" an Elder asked. Onoki had already returned to his seat by now and replied, "When Hanzo comes out to stop the fighting. Once the fighting stops, the letter will be delivered!"

Meanwhile, within the Land of Rain, the Konoha and Iwagakure ninjas engaged in battle found themselves surrounded by another group of ninja forces. Sensing the unusual atmosphere, they began to ease up on their attacks.

Suddenly, amidst the tension, a figure broke through the rainforest and entered the scene. With no companions by his side, Hanzo, the leader of the Land of Rain ninjas, faced thousands of ninjas from other countries and roared in a deep voice:

"Everyone, halt at once!"

As soon as the words fell, both the leading ninjas from Iwagakure and Konoha quickly issued orders for their respective ninjas to cease their attacks. Before Hanzo could react, a ninja from Iwagakure shouted out:

"Lord Hanzo! We, from Hidden Rock Village, withdraw from this unnecessary conflict! We never intended to fight; we were only forced into battle! This letter bears the seal of our Tsuchikage-sama. Please review it!"

As confusion swept over everyone, including Hanzo himself, a notification suddenly sounded in Tatsuma's mind. He glanced at it, his face showing a pleasant surprise.

"The system has updated!"

----

Check out my Patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt