Chapter 41 - Emotional Whirlwind

Start from the beginning

"Uncle Pitch?" Starla mentioned his name again, concerned, as she stood next to him. "What's the matter?"

"Hm? ... It's nothing. Let's get back to work." Pitch softly humphed. Starla's expression was weary and she was showing a heavy heart to him, regardless of Pitch's churning feelings.

"But, Uncle Pitch? I-I feel guilty about Saros being missing... Can't we go and get him back? Please..." Starla pleaded, as Pitch began to walk away from her, returning to the others in the crowd. Which left the young bean quite irritated.

Once Commander Moon spotted Pitch coming closer to their crowd, she stepped out before he continued walking any closer to the rest of the crew. Of course, Moon did realize all the while that something was up with him and she wanted to kindly have a conversation with him in private. Knowing Pitch for a while now, the cyan mother was aware of how stubborn and denial he can be sometimes.

"Pitch?" Commander Moon began to talk with her careful and calming undertone. "May I talk with you in private for a bit?"

But Pitch hesitated with his answer and growled quietly in annoyance. "I guess I have no other choice."

That's all he could answer back, as his head was flooded with unseen thoughts. At the very least, Moon was grateful that he at least gave in for a quick private conversation. Both beans walked alongside each other to Captain Pitch's private office in order to have the talk in secret. The awkward silence between them on the way up was secretly alarming the cyan commander even further. There was something up for sure, she thought.

The mechanical door behind them closed shut as the two went inside the room. Lord Pitch walked around his desk to have a look outside the big window behind it. Sparkling stars were the only other things that kept the two beans company. The awkward silence went on as Commander Moon toddled over to Pitch to watch the stars outside the ship with him together.

The silence was deafening, until Moon finally raised up her voice to ask something: "Pitch...? I can tell something is on your mind. What's the matter? And it's alright, your secrets will be kept safe."

Even with being assured, Pitch felt even more anxious about fully explaining anything. His overwhelming thoughts began to get heavier so that he had to go to his chair on his desk to sit down. Leaving a quiet sigh.

"I'm not sure..." His quiet deep voice was cracking. For Moon it felt like he was more talking to himself than anything. But she was still very much understanding and patient with him. She followed him to his chair and was now standing behind him, having the urge to reach out her hand to touch his back. But Moon was extra careful with him, knowing that Pitch didn't always like it to get touched by someone. Instead, the cyan bean walked to a second chair which was near the desk, and sat down carefully on the other side of the table.

Paperwork was all which Moon was seeing on his desk, together with pens and pencils. One empty paper got Moon's attention and she took it into her hands, giving her a brilliant idea for Pitch. At least, she hoped it would be a good solution.

"Why don't you try to write down your thoughts? Maybe that could help?"

Pitch looked up. He was skeptical of the idea. "Hm." He mumbled to himself as he sat there, staring at the desk.

Without thinking further, Captain Pitch took a pen with his left hand but felt how much he was shaking.

He didn't understand why he was shaking. As well did Moon see his hands shaking once he took the pen. The commander didn't comment on it, she only laid the piece of paper down to him. Waiting patiently for him to write his thoughts down. But Lord Pitch just couldn't. He couldn't do it.