Part 26

Zhou Qi is truly sick; he came to ask me to write songs again.

He asked if we could meet in person now.

That was definitely not an option.

He could write himself, but he insisted on singing my compositions, a serious case indeed.

But he offered good money, so I accepted. He wanted a love song, so I wrote one.

He also asked if we could do a collaboration.

I thought about it for a long time, and finally, Zhou Qi persuaded me with his power of money.

Pei Jin Yan also said, "It's good to earn money even if you don't like him."

When I showed up at Zhou Qi's recording studio, everyone there was stunned, but Zhou Qi was more composed this time and invited me in.

As I began to record in the studio, Zhou Qi's team was baffled again, wondering if there was something wrong with their ears.

They seemed to be hearing my voice for the first time.

After the recording, Zhou Qi asked me, "Jiang Cheng, why did you decide to become an actor initially? If you had been a singer, maybe..."

I couldn't answer why, just that each step was misstepped.

He handed me a business card: "If you consider making a comeback, think about my studio first. I promise to offer you better terms than other companies."

I didn't outright reject him but after taking the business card, I had no plans to respond.

Zhou Qi's new song was a success and made it to the trending searches because he was the first to do a collaboration with "Nameless."

His fans thought he had struck gold.

Thanks to him, several brands sent collaboration invitations.

I turned them all down.