Part 23

Zhou Qi looked like he even wanted to cry behind me. I had no idea how such a big man could be so melodramatic. His eyes were red as he stood at my doorstep; anyone who didn't know better might think I had wronged him somehow.

He questioned me, "How can you be nameless? Weren't you an actor before?"

I replied, "Why do you care?"

Zhou Qi: "..."

Not caring about others really feels great.

I continued my moving process methodically. Zhou Qi seemed like he wanted to say something, but he ended up saying nothing.

Moving into Pei Jin Yan's house with my cat, the place is really big.

Orange was so excited, as if it owned the whole world.

The backyard didn't look like something I could manage on my own.

There are butlers and gardeners here.

Pei Jin Yan said I could direct them to help decorate the backyard.

He probably knew I liked being alone; most of the time, they wouldn't bother me.

After the account of the small garden stopped updating, the fans of that account finally realized something and started digging up information online, essentially doxxing me.

Many of them didn't care about who "Jiang Cheng" was; some started defending me, wondering how someone who spent a year and so much effort decorating a small garden could be like the rumors online?

Some people started to realize that my scandals were actually baseless.

It now looked more like a well-planned smear campaign.

That's the internet world for you, always echoing others, but there's always a second opinion.

Plus, Jiang Yi Ming's identity is being uncovered, and his fans, who had been the loudest critics of me, now see the Jiang and Xu families busy with PR.

First, it's about Jiang Yi Ming's identity, and second, about the relationship between Xu Zhen, me, and Jiang Yi Ming, which also impacted the Xu family.

Because of the direction of public opinion, if I were really from the Jiang family, what was the treatment I received in the past? If I were really Jiang Yi Ming's brother and Xu Zhen was my fiancé, what would that make him and Jiang Yi Ming?

In theory, the Jiang and Xu families should be able to suppress this issue, at least it shouldn't have blown up so quickly, but in fact, not long after I moved, comprehensive reports about Jiang Yi Ming's identity flooded the internet.

The fact that he was adopted and I was the biological son was no longer a secret.

People were first surprised, then silent, and finally collectively scoffed at the elite families.

The person who leaked this was clearly on my side, eloquently describing the tragedies of my childhood. I thought the writing was good, but a bit exaggerated.

All I can say is the person behind this has a very solid backing, bringing to light some things I had never seen or even knew about.

For some reason, Pei Jin Yan still doesn't go to work often, spending more time working from home.

Then he talks to me.

I shifted my gaze from my phone to Pei Jin Yan not far away, "Did you do this?"

He hadn't seen my screen, but he knew what I was referring to, and he didn't deny it.

He said, "You just need to be yourself."