favorite toys

-Taylor POV-

"but mommy I wanna come shopping" Thea whines as Travis and I are putting on our shoes and jackets in the hallway.

"You can't, because we are buying presents. Some for you might I add" I tell her. She has been in a bad mood all morning, at least towards me. whining and pouting. Of course, she is an angel to Travis, she always is.

"listen to your mother Thea. We will be back soon. Go play with Michelle, and the time will pass quicker" Travis says and kiss the top of her head. "Okay, promise not to be too long" She looks up at him with her big doe eyes that will make anyone melt.

"we won't be too long. But we need to take as long as we need to get everyone presents. We are late with shopping this year princess" he says before we leave the house, and she goes to find Michelle.

"you're so good with her," I say as he opens the car door for me. "I'm not, I'm just not her dad so it's probably easier for her to listen to me when she is in a mood like this. Since we aren't... related" The look on his face when he says that shows that it stings to admit the truth. I find myself wishing that he was her father too sometimes because in these months I've known him he has been more like a father to Thea than Joe ever was.

He gets in himself, and we drive towards the mall with a car with my security following us. I wish we could just go to the mall like normal people, but I need to bring them everywhere I go. I've gotten used to it over the years, and they feel like family at this point, but it still stings sometimes. I wish I could just do normal shit, but that's not my life.

"how are things coming along for the new album?" Travis asks as we drive down the snowy roads. KC has gotten plenty of snow this winter, and I love how pretty the streets and trees look with the white layers upon them.

"it's going well. I have some more stuff to record in the new year, but for the most part, it's done. I have some anthology stuff left to record. The standard version of the album is done" I've told Travis all about my plans for the new album, why wouldn't I? I know I can trust him with the well-guarded secret, he would never betray my trust. He is one of a few people who know about the album at all, at least of those not involved with the making of it.

"the date is still in April, right?" he says, and I nod. "yeah, April 19th. I'll release the standard version at midnight, and then two hours later I will release the anthology version."

There are a few songs about Travis on the album, and I'm so excited to release those into the world. He was so excited when I played them for him, "So High School" and "The Alchemy" mainly, but I refer to him in other songs too. like the end of "But Daddy, I love him" I reference him. It gives me a burst of energy to see how excited he is on my behalf, and how honored he says he is to be included.

"can you play me something? something I haven't heard yet?" he asks, and I nod before connecting my phone to the car. "this is one of my favorites, especially the chorus. It won't make the tour set, but I still love it a lot."

"guilty as Sin" start blasting through the speakers, but not so loud you can hear it from the outside of the car. I don't want the news about this to get out anywhere.

"What if he's written 'mine' on my upper thigh
Only in my mind?
One slip and falling back into the hedge maze
Oh what a way to die
I keep recalling things we never did
Messy top lip kiss
How I long for our trysts
Without ever touching his skin
How can I be guilty as sin?"

Travis vibes along with the song as we get closer to the mall. "I really like the part after the bridge when you go into the chorus again, that first line. Chiefs kiss" he says, and I can't help but smile. I really like that part too, and I'm so excited to sing it as a surprise song on the tour. I'm excited to play all the songs off this album. Sadly I won't be able to play every song in the TTPD set, but I will play a selection at least. I even got a little Travis nudge into there with a little part of "so high school" after "but daddy I love him."