It's a scene, and we're out here in plain sight

-Taylors pov-

"I'm gonna miss you loads," Thea says as she throws her arms around Travis's neck like it's going to be an eternity until she sees him again. I am going to the game against the Jets in a few days, but Thea won't see him until we get back here for Travis's birthday.

"I'm gonna miss you too princess. But you will be back here soon" he kisses the top of her head and I swoon. He doesn't have any obligations to her, but he still finds it in him to comfort her in any way he can. it's more than her father can say he does for her, and that stings. She deserves a father who truly cares for her, cares like it seems like everyone else does but him.

"It's so long. But imma draw you pictures of the things I do" she decides and gets some final snuggles before skipping out to the car, giving me a moment to say bye too.

"it won't be long Taylor," he says and kisses me as he brings me into his arms. "I know. And we both have work. It just... it's so peaceful to be here. we are away from all the cameras and I get to relax. It's calming. It's something I haven't had before" I wish I could say I had that before, that I had that with Joe in London, but I never did. Sure it seemed like that In the beginning, but it turned into more of a jail than freedom. It harbors painful memories that sting me to the bone.

"I get what you mean. KC is nice like that. I don't know what it would be like to play in a city like New York or LA. I have no idea how you do it" he says and I nod against his chest. He smells nice, like a mix of his spicy cologne and his natural scent.

"I got used to it over time. it's different now though. Now that I'm not hiding anymore. And it's all going to be different now that Thea isn't a secret anymore" Thea has no idea what's waiting for her when we touch down back in new York. Everything will be different for my little girl and I don't know how she will handle all the attention. It could be easy, but it could also crash and burn. We don't know until we touch down in the city I call home.

After some final kisses with Travis, I head out to the car and watch him fade away as we drive away.

It doesn't take long to make it to the airport where my private jet is waiting for us, all fueled up and ready to go.

Thea skips up the steps while carefully holding onto the railing and I follow right behind her. She is so used to the jet and has spent countless hours in the air. we fly practically everywhere, also between the tour dates. For the most part, I perform on the weekends, so during the week I tend to head back home to New York. It means more flights but Thea doesn't seem to mind. She is an easy kid like that because I know some kids are terrified to be up in the air.

We take our seats and let the crew get everything ready for takeoff. I pull out my phone and see I have texts from tree. The internet is blowing up about the posts I've made, and not only that, Joe hasn't stopped leaking pictures. Tree sends me screenshots of the ones that are out there, and they are all family pictures. We look like the perfect little family, the three of us. And there are some of Thea on her own as well. The pictures of us together are lies, you can't see the tension in the room and the pain in my eyes if you don't really know me. I can see it though, the pain imprinted across my face and sinking into my bones. Sometimes physical pain, other times just mental pain. No matter which one though it was still real pain. A picture captures a moment in time, but it doesn't tell the story.

The leaked pictures make me wonder If I ever really knew Joe at all. The Joe I knew didn't want the spotlight on him, he was overly concerned with privacy and keeping away from cameras. it's one of the reasons why we settled down in London, there aren't as many paparazzi there as in New York. We got to be freer there without running from the car and into the building like we had to do in New York.