here's to you and your temper

-Travis's Pov-

"I want chocolate AND vanilla" Thea says as she skips ahead of me into the frozen yogurt place. Taylor had some calls to make so I offer to take Thea with me to do something. of course security is with us for Thea's sake, but there doesn't seem to be any paparazzi lurking around here right now.

"crazy town. Let's do it" I tell her and give her a cup before helping her with the machines. They are a little tough for her to handle on her own, so she needs a helping hand. Not that I mind. I love spending quality time with the little girl, I love her just like I love her mom.

I help Thea pile hers up with candy and sauce before making one for myself. I go for strawberry with a bunch of fruit and white chocolate sauce. I can at least pretend its healthy right? It's yogurt, not ice-cream. And I did add fruit instead of candy. At least that's what I'm going to tell my trainer if he asks.

We find a table in the back, not wanting Thea to eat it in the car. That's just asking for a disaster. She is a wiggly little girl and can hardly sit still unless she is watching a Disney princess movie. Whenever Taylor needs her to stay in place because she is doing something important, she puts on frozen, and Thea gets sucked into Arendelle once again.

"Travis?" comes from my right, and I know that voice anywhere. Kayla. What the fuck is she doing here. she has been calling and texting me like crazy, but I haven't read a single text or picked up her calls, hoping she will get the message that I don't want to talk to her.

"what do you want?" I say and put down my yogurt. "Thea, I'll be just a second, okay? Sit here like the good girl I know you are" I tell Thea who nods with a mouthful of candy. She is going to be on some sugar high later, that will be fun.

I take a few steps away from Thea, so she doesn't hear the shitshow that's about to go down. I don't want Kayla to infest Thea with her lies. That is all this woman does lies. "I've been trying to get ahold of you. you need to pick up the damn phone when I call. But I see you're busy playing house with someone else" she snorts towards Thea, and I struggle to keep my composure.

"what do you want Kayla? Because I'm busy" I keep my voice even and low, not wanting Thea to overhear anything. She doesn't need to be confused by this nonsense.

"you would know if you picked up your damn phone. I needed you and you couldn't be bothered to even take my calls. What the fuck Travis" she blames me. the woman has lost her goddamn mind if she thinks I owe her anything. We have been broken up for a while, and what the fuck is she even doing in town? This isn't her home anymore. I think she moved to LA if I'm not mistaken. So what the fuck is she doing here now? Is this her putting her stalking skills to use since I won't pick up the phone?

"I don't have time for this. Spit it out so I can get back to my yogurt date" I sigh. I don't want to deal with her drama, I'm over it. I dealt with it for years during our on-again off again relationship, and I'm so over it. all she did was spend my money and complain, but I was so in love with her that I ignored all the fucking red flags she sent. Had I been looking, truly looking, I would have seen the flashing red stop signs, but I really thought I loved her and that this was what love was. Jokes on me because now I know it wasn't what real love looks like.

"fine. congrats Daddy, you have a son" she says, and my eyes widen. Did I hear her right? A son. No this can't be true. It's another one of her games, her sick twisted games. She hands me a picture of a little boy, who can't be more than a few months old. "I was pregnant when we split. Surprise"

I'm speechless as I look down at the picture of the little boy. He is cute, but all babies are cute. Well, not every baby, some look like little aliens, but this guy is cute. I'm not the father though, I can't be. Kayla was on birth control, and I fucking used a condom every time. no way I would have gone bare with her. Somewhere In my mind I was at least protecting myself from a pregnancy, even though she was begging me for a baby and a ring.