Chpt.21 - How Did It Go So Wrong So Quickly?

Start from the beginning

I raised my hand and put it on his shoulder, ignoring the way he flinched. I tried to keep my grip soft and gentle, and after a couple of seconds, i could see Johnnie relaxing into my hand.

"Johnnie, stop. You didn't make me uncomfortable, you're not a burden, and who cares. If it's you that needs the sleep,"

I also have noticed, how Johnnie doesn't sleep easily. Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, but i see the guest rooms light on. When i open the door slightly, i usually see Johnnie on his phone, with headphones on.

Once (i think?) i even saw Johnnie crying, but that's his stuff so i closed the door, the next day i asked him if he's okay, and he said yes.

And i really don't wanna push him into talking abkut something he doesn't want to. He will talk to me when he's ready.

And i'll be there for him.

"Then i'll ruin my routine for you. You need to sleep, and don't think i don't notice you being awake at night, Johnnie. I'll help you, and i'll be there for you, okay?"

'Not to mention, that you always seem to sleep the best with me' i added silently to the end.

"Oh, and that reminds me. My mom came home yesterday!" I said to Johnnie, feeling exited that she's finally home again, but Johnnie...
seemed dissapointed..?

"Really?" Johnnie askes in a quiet voice.

"Yeah!" I smile at him, but i was still curious why he was suddenly so sad.

"Does..that mean, that i have to go home?" Johnnie's voice has dropped to something like a whisper now.

"Um, i think so yeah. Why? You can finally get a break from me." I laugh, and Johnnie smiles back a little, but anyone with eyes could see that it's forced.

Johnnie clears his throat and murmurs "It's nothing."

_._._._._

It's been a couple of hours since Johnnie went home, and i feel a weird feeling in my stomach.

Like something was missing.

You know that feeling when you're craving something but you have no idea what it is?

That's the feeling.

And i have no idea what's making me feel this way.

..Even though i do know what's doing this, but i have to ignore it. It's just stupid feelings, right?

Johnnie POV

The second i step in through my door, i'm hit with a strong scent of alcohol, and i see my mom on the couch, a bottle of vodka in her hand.

I try to sneak to my room, with no luck.

"You! Where have you been?" My mom asks me as i walk to the living room.

"I..was at my friends house."

"Oh okay, well i don't really" she hiccuped. "care." She finished her sentence.

I try to ignore the hurt i feel.

'Okay Johnnie, better ask it now or never.' I think.

"Hey mom-" she rolls hey eyes.

"Can...you give me some money, so i could go and buy some food-"

"Ugh! It's always something with you! You're so fucking annoying!"

She slurred out, and i...i was shocked.

"You know what, i've had enough. You're old enough. You're like what, 19 years old?"

"I'm 16." I said quietly but she scoffed.

"Whatever! Anyway, it's time you learned about the real world. Pack your stuff, you're living on your own."

..What?

I- how...what??

"What do you mean?" I asked carefully.

"Exactly what i said! Go and pack your stuff!"

My eyes teared up and i ran to my room. Quickly throwing in my school books, clothes, makeup, essentials, stuff like that. At this point, there were full tears streaming down my face.

As i went to the corridor, my mom comes up to me, pushes about 500$ into my hands and smiles at me.

"Good luck."

With that, she pushes me out and locks the door.

What the fuck?

Can she even legally do that?

I felt panic filling my gut as i look around, most of the lights out, since it's like 12 am.

I woke up in Jake's arms for fuck's sake, and now i'm here.

How did it go so wrong in such a little time?

1214 words.