Joosts question for Eden

Firstly I would like to establish that victim blaming is wrong.

I do not consider Joost to be in the wrong. Before you comment read the below.

Joost asked Eden in a press conference , " Have you ever thought that by being here you are a risk and danger for other participants in public?" And then asked "why not?" When Eden was told she didn't have to answer.

Edit: I just realised Joost only said why not. He was also banned from the practice. If they ban him completely from the final then I'm not watching!

The sad truth is that Eden choosing to participate IS putting other participants in danger.

Eden is not the only one to recieve hate and even death threats. Someone who has spoken out about these being Olly Alexander. He also has said that many other artists, maybe every artist, has recieved such abuse. Why? Because Israel is competing and the EBU made the wrong decision so some extremely political fans have rioted.
If Eden wasn't participating, then Joost would not face such abuse!
I do believe it is victim blaming to an extent because he should have attacked the audience sending the threats more in the question! Eden I not fully to blame and it was slightly unfair to put her on the spot like that.

In such terms he layed out the path for her to address the abuse every artist has felt and express that it has to stop. She didn't do that, she didn't appologise. She stated there was enough security. Well theres no online security! Part of the blame does unfortunately fall on her even though most falls on the ebu and Israel's government.

Why should Eden not answer this question? He is not blaming her for the Israel war! He is simply stating something she is partially to blame for and pointing out that the competition is political and that Israel should not be competing.

Katari pulled a similar stunt, they are viewed as hero's for it!

Eden handled it well, but she could have handled it better.

Joost made a point someone had to make, even though he could have phrased it better.

In the end both are at fault for something. You cannot entirely blame one side.

Who can you blame? If you really need a scape goat, blame the ebu. They were hypocritical and didn't exclude Israel after excluding Russia they created this situation of artists being under attack!

I would also like to add that Eden isn't the only one going through a tougher time then the rest, Joost is re living the death of his parents! This does not excuse him from not identifying the real cause of the hate he has received, that all have received but it gives us a different perspective, his perspective. He is extremely emotional by doing this for his late parents and will be extremely sensitive.
Someone had to speak out somehow.
Let's be sensitive towards Joost as well.

If the ebu is being political, than Joost should be able to have free speech!

No one ever defended Russians like this. I was raised in Russian culture and identify with it. When the war started, all I recieved was hate from everywhere in the media! No one talked about the effect that this had on me, I was not to blame for the war! I felt like no one cared about me and that everyone viewed me as a monster so what was the point of anything. I was in a very bad mental state because of it. As soon as people became less obsessed with the war and showed balanced sides of the argument the feeling started to clear. It was people like Joost who went against what the government wanted them to say and made me feel like I was heard and loved by speaking out about a problem faced that didn't paint me as the villain. The opposite side deserves a say, this contest is political and this is a press conference, these questions have to be asked to provide a balanced view!

We have to hear something else other than I'm proud to represent my country. Imagine how someone from the religions or any group that are being prosecuted in this conflict would feel if all they heard was someone talking about how they support Israel and believe they are doing the right thing.
I can tell you what they feel; they feel like crap. Like a sword has been stabbed through their heart a thousand times. Their skin ripped of off them. Their eyes blinded. Their ears cut of. Thousands of arrows cutting into you. That's how it feels. Joost stopped that feeling. They don't have to feel that because of Joost.

That feeling is a thousand times worse than anger. Now both sides who witnessed this feel anger, not that horrible feeling I had to feel. So, thank you Joost. I hope no one has to feel that feeling. You are not an idiot, you are not a horrible person. Yes you are inperfect and could have handled it better but the state of perfection is impossible to reach for anyone, everyone is flawed!

So, Joost is not a terrible person. Don't feel ashamed to like his song, it's better than most songs this year. In the end the decision he took create more positives than negatives.

Edit number two:
Netherlands is disqualified, since we barely have any information I'm going to wait until we have solid information from a reliable source instead of going over rumors! It's a shame really, his song was amazing. Just look through the comments here and many other sources if tou want to find out more!