Volume 8:Part 8

After leaving the classroom, I called the candidate I had in mind, and luckily, they were still in the school building.

I started walking in their direction while Horikita, Kushida, and Amasawa followed behind me. It didn't take us long to arrive at the meeting spot, and the person I called was waiting for us quietly.

"The person you had in mind was Nanase-san?"

Horikita wanted to confirm my intentions, but she seemed to approve of Nanase overall.

"Why is she here Ayanokoji-senpai?"

Nanase immediately noticed Amasawa and didn't approve of her being here.

"She can't be trusted. You shouldn't be around her for your own safety."

Amasawa just grinned at Nanase and didn't even try defending herself.

"It's okay. I can take care of myself."

While I did agree with Nanase that Amasawa couldn't be fully trusted, I also didn't view her as a threat.

Nanase calmed down and nodded at me.

"Nanase-san, would you like to join the student council?"

She was surprised by the sudden question but started considering it. It didn't take long for Nanase to make up her mind, but she still glanced at me for approval before voicing her opinion.

"I think you should do it. I'm the one who recommended you to Horikita."

Nanase's face lit up, and she gave me a cheerful smile before nodding at Horikita.

"It would be an honour to join the student council alongside Horikita-senpai and Kushida-senpai."

Horikita sighed in relief, it looks like she didn't expect to deal with this student council situation so soon.

"Nanase, can you walk with Kushida?"

Nanase looked confused at ny request, but she nodded her head at me, Kushida also seemed irritated but didn't object since she wanted to get away from Amasawa.

After Nanase and Kushida walked off, Horikita started speaking.

"Now all that's left is Kiryuin-senpai's situation."

She seemed unusually troubled.

"What's wrong?"

I decided to poke at her and find out what she's thinking.

"The special exam starts tomorrow. I wonder if Kiryuin-senpai will wait until after the exam or if she'll go after Nagumo-senpai if I take too long."

Amasawa stood close by and watched in amusement without saying a word.

"Don't worry about it. Just focus on the special exam tomorrow. Since you're the leader, you're the only one required to actually attend the exam ,so what will you if no one else attends the exam and you're left all alone while your head isn't in it?"

Horikita sighed once more and nodded.

"You're right. I need to get it together. I have to focus on tomorrow's exam, and then I'll deal with Kiryuin-senpai's issue."

Horikita took a deep breath and got up.

"Thank you, Ayanokoji-kun. I'll go do my best to prepare for tomorrow."

I nodded at her, and she walked off, leaving me and Amasawa all alone, unfortunately.

"So what is it, Senpai? You want to yell me something, right? Right?"

Amasawa looked in my direction with a wide smile on her face. She seemed to be especially proud of herself for guessing that I wanted to tell her something.

"I need you to come out with me tomorrow."

She seemed confused at first but then smiled once more.

"But what about your special exam, Senpai?"

Since Horikita was the only one actually required to participate, I decided to take the day off and focus on Kiryuin's issue. But I refrained from telling Horikita that I'd take care of it since I wanted to see how well she could operate under pressure.

"I won't attend. So? Are you refusing my invitation?"

Amasawa started pouting, probably due to me pressuring her for a response. She put her finger on her chin and pretended to be thinking it over before finally responding.

"So you're asking me on a date Ayanokoji-senpai?"

It was clear that Amasawa simply wanted to tease me. She accepted my invitation before I even asked, but she was dragging this on for her own amusement.

"Will you refuse if I said it wasn't a date?"

I decided to play along with her irrational emotions.

"Maybe."

I paused for a moment and sighed once again.

"If that's the case, then feel free to call it whatever you like."

Amasawa paused and pretended to think once more. This time, it took her a lot longer to finally respond.

"Kay! see you tomorrow, Senpai!"

She flashed me another smile before making her way out of the school building, looking as happy as an elementary school kid who just received some candy.

I'm not sure if Amasawa caught on yet, but the only reason I asked her to come along with me tomorrow while I deal with Kiryuin's problem is to observe Amasawa and determine her true intentions after Yagami's expulsion. She may have been on my side before, but did that change after Yagami, who was close to her, got expelled by my hands?

Amasawa knew the gap in our abilities full well, but considering how unstable she appears to be, I can't assume that she'll act rationally. Even if I can win against her and avoid expulsion, I can still get hurt in other ways. I couldn't let my guard down around someone like her.

However, regarding the shop lifting accusations, I already have a few assumptions as to why someone would do that and try to pin the blame on Nagumo. My plan was to try and confirm my assumptions tomorrow because if I was indeed right, then I could definitely use this situation to my advantage in the future.

I also needed one more person to join me on tomorrow's outing. I pulled out my phone to dial that person's number, and surprisingly, she picked up almost instantly.

<It's weird for you to call me Ayanokoji-kun. Is something up?>

<It's not a big deal, but I need your help with something. Will you come out with me tomorrow, Asahina-senpai?>

She took a moment to think about it, probably trying to remember if she had any prior arrangements before finally responding.

<That's fine by me. Is Miyabi causing some more trouble? He never gives up, does he!>

<For once, Nagumo-senpai isn't actually the one causing trouble. I'll explain all the details tomorrow.>

<See ya tomrorow then!!!>

She seemed overly excited, but to be fair, that's how she always was.

I sighed and decided to finally walk back to the dorms. Unless something completely unexpected happens, my day tomorrow should go smoothly.

I also wonder how Horikita will get through tomorrow's special exam without my help at all.

COTE Year 2 Reimaginedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें