Volume 4.5:Part 11

I made my way back and saw Sato waiting for me in the same spot I left her. She seemed nervous about something.

"Sorry I kept you waiting."

"It's no problem at all Ayanokoji-kun let's go!"

We spent around two hours moving around the ship and searching for stickers. We found multiple of them and decided to take pictures before actually scanning just in case we found a harder one later. It was quite an entertaining game, but it was definitely not an experience I'd miss. Once I've done it once, it wouldn't be exciting anymore.

Sato was still nervous about something.

"Is there a problem, Sato? If you have a problem you can speak to me."

She smiled slightly when I said that.

"It's not a problem. I just want to say something..."

I looked at her and waited for her to speak up.

"Ayanokoji-kun, I want to say that I support you and Kei-chan. I hope you two are happy together."

Kei-chan? I suppose the three of them got close during those two weeks on the island. It sounds like Sato didn't know our relationship wasn't real. I didn't want to ask how she knew, so I just responded.

"Thank you, Sato. I'm glad Kei has a friend like you."

Sato smiled again when she heard that.

"Ayanokoji-kun. There's also something else I wanted to ask you.. I want to contribute more to the class.. I want to be useful but I don't know what I can do."

"I see."

Sato had some of the lowest grades in our class and didn't excel in sports either. Her concern was definitely warranted. But even she had her strong points.

"You could start off by asking Horikita to tutor you. If you want, I can also ask for you. Then, you could also try to work out to improve your physicality."

Sato nodded while listening to my words.

"But there's another thing. You said you like fashion design, right? And you're a very creative person, Sato. Take advantage of your skills. Sure, you can't use fashion and creativity at a sports festival. But at this school we have all kinds of special exams. One of them will be one where you can excel by taking advantage of your strengths. You need to know what makes you special compared to everyone else and use that. Also, know what makes you weaker and work on that."

Sato genuinely listened and paid attention to every word I said. She was really trying to push forward and improve herself.

"Thank you so much, Ayanokoji-kun. You're right. I was so focused on sports and academics that I didn't even start to think about what I would be good at. I'll work on my body and my grades while also taking full advantage of my creativity going forward! Thank you again, Ayanokoji-kun!"

I nodded at her.

"It's nothing. Hope it was helpful."

Just then, I looked at my phone and realised it was almost time for the event to end.

"We're running out of time. Let's just scan one of the stickers we found. You should choose."

She was reluctant at first. She probably didn't trust herself, but she decided to do it. We scanned the first two stickers, and they were already taken. Next up, she tried the third one, and it worked.

"We did it, Ayanokoji-kun! We got 100,00! That's really good, right??"

"Yes. 100,000 is a good reward. Thanks, Sato."