Chapter 15: Yes

"Done with the project?"

Joshua asked Y/N who was sitting besides him in the bus.

The bustling sound of the people shifting and the movements of the footsteps of the ones standing all could be heard clearly.

Y/N hummed at him not wanting to speak any further.

"Did you?"

She asked him back as he responded.

"Well, Jeonghan did it himself. He just copy pasted the information from the internet."

"That's unfair!"

Y/N scowled at him as he chuckled.

"Why waste your time when you can get it for free?"

"True...I wish I did that."

Y/N mumbled the last part as her thoughts trailed towards the stream of yesterday's events. The way they both held that intense eye contact and were just about to kiss made her feel serene, nervous and even weirded out by her own self. The reverie of her thoughts had her heart beat like crazy. Just what exactly this feeling was? Love?

......

"Y/N!"

Taehyung called her out when he saw her back walking far away from him. He ran towards her but suddenly she increased her pace as she tried to escape his gaze. But Taehyung immediately caught her hand as he called her out again.

"Why are you avoiding me? I have been observing that ever since the morning."

Taehyung was frustrated from her sudden change in the behaviour. Why was she suddenly avoiding him like he didn't exist? His heart turned melancholic by her ignorant self towards him. Just then he realised as he slowly let go of her hand.

"Is it because.... because we almost kissed yesterday?"

Y/N gazed at him slowly as she spoke no words.

"So that is the reason."

He sighed as he continued.

"Y/N, all I ask you is just a chance to prove my love towards you. I do not have any other intentions at all. Trust me."

He said his words sounding as deliberate as ever. Trust me. The lie he spoke which sounded honest for the innocent being infront of him. Why was he even so desparate of her? Was he hiding his love under the facade of hate?

Y/N thought for a moment. Her eyes trailing towards the marble tiles on the floor. What would she respond? If she would respond no, then he wouldn't be around her. But why did it sadden her instead of the freedom she would receive? Hence, taking consideration of her thoughts and re-evaluating them she took upon herself the risk of opening the door of her heart and letting a stranger man in.

"Yes, I will date you."

She said as her eyes now travelled onto his face towards his eyes as she tried to understand his thoughts by reading his vision. She saw how his eyes turned wide into a happy ones as an underlying emotion of victory could be sensed. But she brushed off her atrocious thoughts as she now saw his wide smile.

"Did you just say yes?!"

He asked her confirming the words his ears heard. Y/N nodded at him a bit shy since he was holding both of her hands into his now.

"Then let's go on a date now!"

He tried to pull her with him but she stood there unfazed.

"What?"

He asked turning towards her.

"Not now. I'm going to the library."

Taehyung whined at her words as he followed her towards the library.

......

"Can you stop staring like a creep?"

Y/N put her book down as she closed her eyes to release the frustration her.

"No, you are my elysian being who brings out the euphoria within me as the beauty of your eyes make me enter a divine place of serenity."

"Since when did you know such words?"

"Ever since I met you."

Y/N cringed at his cheesy remark as she lightly slapped his arm which he occupied to rest his chin onto.

"Just kidding. I learnt it from the internet so that I could say this to you."

They both chuckled lightly as Y/N couldn't help her lips curl up and form a smile because of him.

"I'll go keep the book there."

Y/N stood up and strode towards the shelf to keep the book back. Suddenly, her back was pushed against the shelf as she yelped. Taehyung shushed her his index finger on his lips as his other hand rested on the frame of the wooden shelf besides Y/N.

They held a strong eye contact trying to win against each other. Gradually, the tension between them thickened as Taehyung couldn't help but let his intrusive thoughts win and started leaning towards her lips. Understanding his actions, Y/N subconsciously closed her eyes as her grip on the book in her hands tightened. A surreal feeling blossomed within her. Taehyung, who also had his eyes closed was about to capture her lips until a disturbing cough interrupted their moment.

Turning towards the side, they both observed Jimin awkwardly standing looking towards the ceiling.

'Bastard'

Taehyung thought to himself as he retreated back glaring at his dear friend. Y/N being embarrassed quickly escaped the sight even forgetting to place the book at it's own place.

"Why are you here?"

Taehyung loudly asked as Jimin pleaded him to lower his voice.

"Speak slowly Taehyung. Finally I am allowed here I don't want her to kick me out again."

He whispered addressing the incident he had with the librarian earlier.

"Okay speak."

Taehyung's voice now being low as he raised his eyebrow.

"We have to practice for the upcoming basketball match. That's why I was finding you only to witness such sight."

Jimin smirked at him and eyed him up and down.

"I'll explain later. Let's go practice."

Being defeated Taehyung, slinged his one arm on his friend's shoulder as they walked out of the library heading towards the basketball court.

......

I know Y/N is being dumb here ( well she always has been) but trust me her being blinded by her attraction for him is quite important for the story to move further. I hope y'all understand.

......