This could go two ways. I could tell him about the cat, and have him kick it out when it wasn't ready yet, or I could pretend that I was buying it for a friend for their cat. If he already knows I've got it here, option two would be a bad one to pick. But if I go with option one...

"Jesse asked me to pick him up some cat food while I was out. He had to go home straightaway to babysit his sister." I lied, my eyes flickering to the floor. My father studied me for a minute or two before making a sound of acknowledgement and leaving. I slowly let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I grabbed Jennifer's hand and pulled her towards my room, my eyes darting around in search of the cat while I went. Pulling her in front of me, I gently pushed her into my room before following her in and breathing a sigh of relief when I see an orange tail peeking out from under my computer desk. I throw the cat food in that direction before I close the door behind me, and as I turn back around, I catch a glimpse of Jesse standing at his window watching me.

"Come here baby" Jennifer says huskily before leaning in for a kiss. My hands work on autopilot and I pull her towards me, kissing her deeply. I could still feel eyes staring at me and I shivered as Jennifer's could hand found its way under my shirt. I wonder why Jesse was watching me from his window. Arousal pooled in my stomach as I pull away from the kiss and smile at Jennifer before looking straight at Jesse. His eyes widen in panic and he drops out of sight.

I smirk. If he wants something to look at I'll give it to him. Crossing my arms over my chest I grip the edges of my shirt and pull it over my head in one smooth motion, flinging it behind me.

"That was hot. Want to put that shirt back on and do it again?" Jennifer says jokingly. I look at her for a second before laughing. I wonder if Jesse is still watching. I pull Jennifer back to me for another slow kiss and open my eyes to peek out the window.

Disappointment made my chest hurt when I saw that the curtains had been closed. I sighed. Obviously I'm not attractive as I thought. Jennifer pulled out of the kiss, moving down my jawline to my throat. I grimaced, no longer feeling very interested. I gently push her away.

"Hey want to watch a movie instead?" I ask quietly.

"You're turning down sex with me to watch a movie?" She asks annoyed, her eyes narrowed on my face.

"Yeah." I reply, frowning.

"Let me repeat that. You're turning down sex... with me... so we can watch a movie?" She says again, stepping away from me to cross her arms over her chest.

"Uh yeah. I guess I'm just not interested right now?" I say, slightly confused about her response. It's no big deal. If someone doesn't want sex, they don't want sex. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

"Why?" She demands. I stare at her.

"I'm just not in the mood anymore? It's no big deal Jennifer. It just happens sometimes."

"Sometimes? You always do this Todd. We get to a certain point and then you stop! You always say that it's because we don't have time, or we're not alone and now that we do have a chance, you're turning me down? You always do this! Is it me? Have I done something? Don't you find me attractive anymore?" I stare at Jennifer in horror as her eyes start watering. Not crying. Anything but crying. I quickly step forward and wrap my arms around her.

"No! No, of course not!" I rush to reassure her.

"Then why?" She cries out, exasperated. I panic and quickly try to think of something to say. The truth is, I really just wasn't in the mood anymore.

"I don't feel comfortable doing anything with my father in the house." I blurt out and wince at the obvious excuse. She stares at me, her eyes red.

"Don't lie to me." She says, her voice soft.

"I'm not lying to you Jennifer. I swear."

"You know what? I'm going to head home. How about you stay here, and really think about us. Two years is a long time without sex, Todd. To be honest, it's a bit weird. I could go out and any guy would be happy to have me. So why aren't you?"

"Do you need a lift home?" I offer in a whisper. She stands up in a huff and I flinch away from her.

"No thanks. I'll walk!" She snaps in reply before leaving and slamming the door on her way out. I stare at the door in shock.

"Meow?" I look at my computer desk to see the cat sticking his head out curiously. I kneel down beside him.

"Hey buddy. How are you doing?" I whisper as I pat him gently on the head, before moving to have a look at his back leg. When I found him he'd been limping heavily and looked as though he hadn't eaten in months. I took him to the vet, and they were going to have him put down. I couldn't let that happen, so I was looking after the poor thing until he was healed and then I was going to have him rehomed. It was looking significantly better, and he's begun to fill out after having decent meals every day.

"Look at what I got you." I pulled the bag of cat food over from where it landed earlier and open it, tipping the dry food onto a piece of cardboard and sliding it closer to him. The cat meows at it disdainfully, making my lips twitch in a smile.

"I know buddy. I'll sneak you some tuna when father goes to bed, okay?" I whisper, and rub the cat behind the ears before carefully covering its hiding place with my dressing gown over my computer chair.

My eyes move over to the window. Maybe Jesse would like a cat. He'd treat it well, and I'd still get to see the little guy on occasion. Maybe it'd help us become friends.

---

A.N: Hey guys. Thanks for sticking with me so far! It means so much.

I feel like my writing is missing something, but I can't put my finger on what. Does anybody have an opinion?

Thanks! xXxChrisisxXx