•45•

Leighton's pov:

The phone rang, once, twice, three times, "hai you reached Y/n, sorry I couldn't come to the phone right now I'll give you a call back as soon as possible." I sighed putting my head down on the table at sips, "here ya go Leighton your espresso!" Kim chirped as she sat the drink down on the table, "you okay?" She asked with a bit of a worried look. "Yea..I'm fine just can't get a hold of y/n." I say making her look confused "why would you want to do that?" She chuckled and I shrugged, "I had my meeting with the chairmen today and I don't know..I wanna make sure she is alright," it was true, and I had no idea Tatum was spreading misinformation to the board.

"Have you went to her house yet?" She asked I shook my head "did she leave for France already?" I shrugged to her question, "maybe call her later on," my roommate suggested. I nodded "yea, I'll do that. Thanks Kim." Kim nodded smiling "bring her back Leigh, I miss you guys." She chirped proudly before going back to work.

I sighed calling her phone one more time, the phone went straight to voicemail and my phone dinged,

Y/n: Hey Leighton, I'm at a doctor's appointment right now it seems urgent so I'll call you back when I'm done.

Leighton: are you okay?

There was no response t0 my message. "GAH!" I jumped as someone grabbed my shoulder scaring me, a familiar laugh appearing from behind me, "what's got you all jumpy today?" Tatum chuckled taking a seat beside me, "nothing, I'm not jumpy just tired." I said coldly, right now I wanted to be away from her. I was so angry, but did I have a right to be? I also slept with y/n I didn't now her that well so how could I say Tatum didn't know her well either, what if y/n was sleeping with other students, was I being to dense to see it?

"I was trying to reach you all morning, you alright?" The blonde asked taking my espresso. I shrug, "I woke up late, the interview with the board was a little stressful on me. Sorry." I was vague with her, she hummed "I'm sorry babe, I know they are brutal in there with their questioning." She said gently grabbing my hand, "are you coming to my dorm to study tonight?" I shook my head, "nah..I think I might just sleep in today." I shrug, "awe, my poor baby." She says gently fiddling with my fingers, "well if you need anything tonight just remember I'm a phone call or a text away okay?" I nodded mumbling a soft 'okay' the blonde got up taking my coffee with her after kissing the top of my head and leaving.

I sighed placing my head on the table again, "my coffee..." I whined softly.

The day had went on and not a single call or text back from Y/n. I don't blame her either I did give her the whole cheesy 'until you healed yourself I won't forgive you' speech. Now here I am itching just to hear her voice, to see her, to touch her. I just want her right now.

The sun had went down and my roommates and I were all currently sitting on the couch watching a horror movie, Whitney noticed me occasionally glancing at my phone, I just wanted to talk to her. "I'm gonna head to bed first." I say standing up, "goodnight Leigh." They all say in unison whilst I disappear into Bela and i's shared room. Climbing into bed I turned facing the wall, I was exhausted despite not having classes today and doing absolutely nothing I was just mentally drained and that mental turned to physical exhaustion.

Closing my eyes my body felt heavy, just as sleep was about to take over me the sound of my ring tone going off made me jump up from my bed, looking over my face lit up before I quickly answered it, "y/n hi!" I said sounding a little too happy, she chuckled "I'm sorry I don't answer sooner and I waited so long to call you back." She said, her voice was a soft as usual, "it's fine I just...I missed you." I say to which she let out a soft sigh, "Leighton I-" "I know, you don't have to say it back really I just..I've been a bit of a mess since see on you at sips and everything you said to us I... I want to see you." My voice gave more of a plead than asking,

She went silent for a second moment. Though it could have only been seconds it felt like the silence lingered for hours, "okay, Come over I want to tell you something too." She says I got up beginning to put on actual clothes instead of my pajamas, "I'll be there in thirty." I say before hanging up.

I couldn't help the smile on my face as I threw on my grey sweatpants and white shirt, I didn't want to wear something too crazy, grabbing my grey jacking and sliding my shoes on I stepped out the room, "um..I'm going out, I'll be back soon don't wait up." I say to the three girls who sat on the couch looking confused as to wear I was going.

It didn't take long for me to drive to Y/n's house, though the aura felt off, it's that feeling when you know something is about to go wrong, that looking cloud of despair waiting to rain on you but maybe that's just my brain being paranoid about how this outcome could go.

Knocking on the door of the home I once found comforting the for sale sign in the front yard and the decorations that use to decorate the lawn and porch now gone. The door opened revealing Y/n she looked beautiful I mean she always did but after not seeing her for so long I couldn't help but acknowledge how beautiful she actually was, "are you okay?" She asked softly noticing me staring at her, I cleared my throat and nodded "yea, yeah I just um" she stepped aside letting me come in, the house looked empty, the sofa was gone, boxes in its place, the photos were off the walls and all packed up everything was gone. "You said you had a doctor's appointment today? How'd that go?" I asked as I looked around, "did you really come all this way to ask that?" She laughed softly, "I guess not." I say softly, I looked at her hand seeing the promise ring was no longer on her finger. I still wore hers, hardly ever took it off.

"Leighton are you sure you are alright?" She raised an eyebrow gently cupping my cheeks I could see she had genuine worry in her face, this action was one she would do with a student she was worried for, does she really not see me as a lover anymore? "I..." I couldn't get out my words, I had so much to say to her before but now that I was in front of her my mind was blank, or I was more so afraid of how she would respond to all the thoughts I had. "Your girlfriend won't like you being here ." She chuckled making me frown, "you said Tatum went to the school board? And gave them the photos of us at the movies?" She nodded then sighed "Leigh it's over now, I wanna put it all behind me." "You want to put me behind you?" I sounded more hurt than I meant to come off. She frowned "hey,  no. I love you idiot, I just can't handle the stress that comes with it. Not right now." She says I could see what she meant in a way but it still hurt hearing it. "If you love me, then kiss me."

I wanted to see how much she really meant it, "Leigh?" She looked a bit shocked but I didn't waver, she smiled softly before her lips connected with mine, her scent of Vanilla beans and roses that I loved so much filled my nose, her lips as soft as I remembered, my hands went to her waist as I gently pushed her back against the wall. She pulled away from the kiss looking up at me, her pupils more dilated than before as she looked up at me.

"I'm sorry." I say softly gently pressing my forehead against hers. "Hey don't apologize. Again I don't regret anything I just hate how I handled things on my part." She says. I nodded before softly connecting our lips again, I missed her, I needed her more than I thought I did, my hands held her waist my thumbs gently rubbing her lower stomach, the action made Y/n frown and pull away from the kiss, "you okay?" I asked to which she nodded clearing her throat "I leave for France in a week." She says making me nod, "are you sure you want to do this?" She asked searching my eyes for any sign of regret, I nodded kissing her again, lifting her arms I pulled her shirt over her head my kisses now moving to her neck and chest my hands firmly on her waist, a soft moan fell from her lips, a sound I had longed to hear more than I thought I did. I missed her so much. Lifting her I carried her to the bedroom grateful her bed was still there. She laughed softly as I laid her down kissing along her chest down her stomach pulling off her pajama pants.

I looked up at her, her gaze her on me as her fingers ran through my hair pulling it into a ponytail. This is who I wanted, she was my soulmate.