CHAPTER FOURTEEN: KARMA

Azrah breathed a sigh of relief as the summer break ended and classes resumed at Rashford Academy. The graduation of the Royals had brought a welcome respite from the relentless bullying and gossip that had plagued her previous school year. Now, she could move about the campus with her head held high, her heart light as a feather.

In the friendly company of Nayla, Georgia, and Laura, Azrah found comfort and a sense of belonging. They shared countless laughs and late-night heart-to-hearts in the privacy of their dorm room.
But not all was well in Scarlett's world. Isolated and ostracized by her new roommates, she found herself struggling to navigate the halls of Rashford Academy without the power and protection of the Royals. The nights were especially cruel, with Scarlett tossing and turning in her bed, haunted by memories of the friendship she had once taken for granted.

Even Georgia, the one constant in her life, had distanced herself, refusing to take Scarlett's calls or acknowledge her presence on campus.
Scarlett felt the loss of her best friend keenly, like a dagger in her chest. It was as if the universe was exacting revenge for her past misdeeds. The once-dominant Queen Bee now found herself a pariah, shunned by her classmates and even her former allies.

In the confines of the classroom, Scarlett's attention waned. No longer the center of attention, she found herself lost in daydreams and musings, her grades suffering as a consequence.
One afternoon, as Scarlett shuffled toward the lunchroom, a familiar figure caught her eye: Mr. Hilbert, the disgraced teacher. Apparently he molested the daughter of one of the prestige financing the school which got him fired. Scarlett watched as he scurried down the hall, his head bowed, his shoulders slumped.

The sight brought Scarlett no satisfaction. Instead, it served as a grim reminder of the precariousness of power and prestige, and the precariousness of her own circumstances.
Scarlett's loneliness was palpable, hanging over her like a storm cloud. She had once reveled in the limelight, basking in the attention and admiration of her peers. Now, she wandered the halls like a ghost, haunting the same corridors she had once ruled with an iron fist.

The old adage "karma's a bitch" seemed to echo in her mind, the consequences of her own actions coming back to bite her. She wondered if it was too late to right her wrongs, to salvage something from the wreckage of her reputation.But as Scarlett stared into the abyss, a spark of defiance ignited within her. She would not go down without a fight. She had been defeated, yes, but she was not broken.

And so, Scarlett began to plot. She kept her head down, her eyes and ears open, searching for weaknesses to exploit, for opportunities to claw her way back to the top.
Scarlett's schemes unfolded with a ruthless efficiency. She sweet-talked, she cajoled, she manipulated, all in an effort to reestablish herself as the Queen Bee of Radford Academy.

Slowly but surely, she began to make headway. She joined a new clique, a group of girls hungry for power and influence. Scarlett quickly became their de facto leader, her venomous charm irresistible to her new followers.

But like Icarus, Scarlett flew too close to the sun. Her scheming and machinations soon caught the attention of the faculty, who called her into the principal's office.
The principal's office was a stark reminder of Scarlett's fall from grace. Gone was the air of invincibility that once surrounded her. Now, she stood before the principal, sweating and shaking, her palms clammy with nerves.

The principal wasted no time in listing Scarlett's transgressions. Harassment, cheating, blackmail—the list went on and on. Scarlett's attempts to deny and deflect were met with a cool, impenetrable gaze.

"This is your last chance, Scarlett," the principal warned. "One more infraction and you're expelled. Do you understand?"The warning rang out like a death knell, the words chilling Scarlett to the bone. Principal Williams' gaze was unrelenting, her voice unwavering.

"I hope this serves as a wake-up call for you, Scarlett," Principal Williams continued. "You may have been able to get away with this behavior in the past, but your actions have consequences. You're not a child anymore, and we will not tolerate any more of your antics. Is that clear?"

Scarlett could only nod meekly in response, the gravity of her situation sinking in.As she left the principal's office, Scarlett found herself in a fog of confusion and dismay. Her once-bright future now hung by a thread, her carefully constructed house of cards now on the verge of collapse.

In the quiet solitude of her dorm room, Scarlett was engulfed in a spiral of self-pity and despair. Alone, with no one to turn to, she collapsed onto her bed, tears streaming down her face as she came to terms with the grim reality of her situation.

In the hallway outside, a cluster of students stood by, whispering amongst themselves about Scarlett's downfall. Georgia, who had overheard the rumors, watched the scene unfold with a heavy heart. She wanted to comfort Scarlett, but their friendship had been irrevocably damaged, their paths no longer intertwined.
Scarlett, oblivious to the gathering outside, let herself be consumed by her thoughts. She thought back to her old life, the one where she was the undisputed Queen Bee, where she had the world at her fingertips. How had it all gone so wrong?

As she lay in bed, she heard footsteps approaching her room, followed by a knock on the door. "Scarlett, it's me," came a familiar voice. It was Georgia, her face etched with concern.

Scarlett, her heart sinking, sat up in bed, her eyes red and puffy from crying.
"I know we're not friends anymore," Georgia began, her voice tentative and unsure. "But I couldn't just stand by and watch this happen to you. You're in trouble, Scarlett, and I think it's time you faced that."

Scarlett, her pride wounded, turned away from Georgia, her jaw clenched in defiance.

"I don't need your pity," she hissed. "I don't need anyone's pity."

Georgia, her eyes pleading, shook her head. "It's not pity, Scarlett. It's concern.