s i x t e e n

As easy it is to fall into bed with Gray — Sanvi, it is just as hard to exist in the same room as her right after it. Sanvi's presence in the room feels like a weight on Ruhi's ribs that keeps increasing and increasing, and her ribcage will eventually shatter under it and puncture her lungs and heart. Ruhi hates it, hates Sanvi Shaurya as much as the way she makes her feel, hates herself for laying on a single seater sofa and curling into herself when she should be making her way back to where she lives.

But she also hates her mother at this very moment, hates how sometimes she's only a daughter and not a person. So she stays right there, her head resting on her folded arms.

Sanvi shuffles around the room, getting dressed in the clothes she had laid out right before getting into the shower. Right after she was done doing whatever the fuck they both are doing these days, actually. All is good when their bodies are on each other, overheated and pliant, but as soon as it is over, it's over.

Ruhi tells herself for a quick minute that she's overreacting, that she has never been big on aftercare and it's okay if she's not provided with it. But then she thinks of Sanvi Shaurya and the homicidal instincts flare back up.

After sex, Sanvi distances herself as far as she can, as quick as she can. The first time they had had sex, Ruhi was too tired to stay awake and notice. This time, it was so evident that it somehow hurt Ruhi physically. Sanvi got off the bed in such a haste, as if letting the mattresses touch her skin burned. She pulled away as soon as it was over while Ruhi felt like falling and falling until she crashed.

And then, after hardly a minute, Sanvi looked at her and told her to maybe get  a shower if you're still awake.

At this rate, Ruhi will someday have sex with some else and at the end of it, when they ask if she wants some water, Ruhi Salerno will fall in love get married and have the person's children; the bar is so low that people will have to hit the rock-bottom and keep digging.

"Do you want to come up here?" Sanvi asks from somewhere on the bed.

Ruhi sighs. "I want you to go kill yourself."

Sanvi gives a noncommittal hum. "Get out of that towel, atleast."

Ah, she's still wrapped in a towel. There are clothes somewhere in some drawer, and Ruhi was too tired and mad to try and remember when Sanvi was giving her this information. She wonders why on earth does Sanvi keep lounge wear in here when she has a house at a distance of a ten minute car ride, but she's too tired to think more on the subject.

"You always talk a lot when you're fresh outta the shower?" The words probably sound muffled, but Ruhi does not want to lift her head and risk looking at Sanvi.

"Maybe you can start talking," Ruhi groans when Sanvi drops a bunch of clothes on her back. "Tell me what this angry sex was that all about."

"It wasn't angry sex, you moron." Ruhi grabs the clothes and pools them in her lap as she sits somewhat straighter. The clothes are soft and brand new. Her jaw tightens as Shivan Shaurya's voice mocks her in her head: keep it as a souvenir, yeah?

"Sure."

Ruhi sighs, suddenly too tired to even breathe. My mother sometimes treats me like another one of her investments, Ruhi thinks sourly, and maybe I am. Just not a good one, never a good one. Saying it out loud might reduce a bit of weight off her mind, but she decides to let the thought float around and eventually drive her towards a meltdown.

"Cassia." And Ruhi finally looks up. They stare at each other for a moment, Sanvi attentive and present, and Ruhi weary and fading. The silence feels heavy and Ruhi decides to break it.

"I googled you." She puts on the tank top. "Tried to search for you in different forums and groups. I even dug around Delara's website, and checked the Shaurya Private Limited portfolio." She slides on the shorts and pulls away the towel covering her body.

When Sanvi remains silent and standing, Ruhi throws the towel on the other's face. "You're no where to be found. Not as Gracyn, nor as Sanvi. Why?"

"I don't take over any Shaurya affiliated companies till Durjoy Doshi hands over the assets."

"Then why the fuck are you masquerading around as the heir and making deals with us?"

"Because I am the heir." Sanvi puts the towel in a laundry basket and clears her throat. "My mother more or less took away more than half of rights and assets of the company from Durjoy. Delara is fully mine, but the other affiliated companies will be transfered under me after a point of time. According to the will she made."

Ruhi frowns. "Isn't he the chairman of Shaurya Group?"

"Not anymore," Sanvi clarifies. "No official notices has been publicly classified, but he'll have to step down soon."

"I thought the Shaurya business is a family business."

"It is."

"Then why is Durjoy Doshi stepping down?" Ruhi frowns, confused. "I thought he was someone in the Shaurya family. He is, isn't he? Doesn't make sense why he's being kicked out just to make space for you?"

Sanvi does not respond.

"Did your mom do it to spite him? Who the hell is Durjoy Doshi, anyway?"

Ruhi thinks Sanvi will stay silent, but the latter speaks up.

"Her husband."

Ruhi inhales sharply. From all the digging up she did, Durjoy Doshi didn't seem to have a spouse. Nor a daughter, for that matter.

"So he is Shivan's and your fa–"

"No."

Sanvi cuts off. She does not elaborate further, and that tells Ruhi that this conversation ends here. But she tries her luck on one last question.

"You've been a lot of people other than Gracyn and Sanvi, haven't you?"

Ruhi hears Sanvi's acceptance of the accusation in the silence, loud and clear.

●●●●●●●

A/N

Changed my username from hiwatarigurl to sazurem and will definitely edit it on the book cover once I stop bring lazy

Also, Sanvi's mother 👀