t w e l v e

CW: MILD NSFW CONTENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER

●●●

Anthony Salerno takes a sip of his whiskey. He sits in his office, a single file opened on the table in front of him. He keeps fiddling with a pen as he has been doing for the last thirty minutes or so.

The contents of the file are already printed in his brain, has stayed that way since the last year. Everytime he sees it all printed on paper, he thinks about Ruhi asking him about the anonymously placed orders for laboratory test chambers of specific dimensions. Human-sized capsules is what she has referred to them the first time, and he still doesn't know how his daughter heard of anything about any of it.

But does it matter?

Hardly two more weeks and he'll be done with one of the most stressful projects his company ever had to do. Two more weeks and he'll finally deliver his end of the deal. Two more weeks and he'll finally breathe in peace.

But what about—

Anthony doesn't let his mind wander. He finishes his glass of whiskey and pours himself another drink. He'll think about everything else after the next week is finally over. He'll think about her when the guilt is no more roaring inside him.

●●●

Ruhi takes a seat at their alloted table, eyes roaming around to locate Gracyn among the crowd. Many of the guests are already seated while a lot of others are greeting each other, and Gracyn is no where in sight. Ruhi can see Yashika Rowther welcoming people in, and she wonders if she's the host for today instead of the Shaurya.

When Ruhi decides to text Gracyn, her phone vibrates with a notification.

In the exhibition hall.

Ruhi frowns softly, already typing in a reply.

That museum lookin room??
From that day?

When she gets her answer in positive, Ruhi leans closer to her mother's chair.

"Mama? I gotta go out for a bit."

"Coming back in?"

"Probably."

As she makes her way out of the room, her eyes momentarily lock in with Yashika's. They both exchange a polite smile as Ruhi finally slips out of the room and makes her way through the hallways.

open the door pleaseee

After some seconds, the doors slides open.

"Why are you hiding in here, Miss Shaurya?" Ruhi's lips lift up in a teasing smile, her feet carrying her to where Gracyn stands. "Not much of a people's person?"

"And what if I was trying to get you alone?"

Ruhi dramatically gasps, her arms circling around Gracyn's neck. "And why would you even want to do such a thing?" She grins as she feels Gracyn place her palms on her sides. "Are you planning to get done with me? Use that gun of yours and blow my brains out?"

"I can do that," Ruhi is pulled closer to the other's body, her heart thudding loud in her chest. "Or I can do other things."

Their lips meet as Ruhi feels the texture of Gracyn's blazer on her skin, the subtle notes of cologne surrounding them slowly. The kiss is soft and quick, and Ruhi chases after it as soon as they break apart. The last time they kissed was almost a week ago, and Ruhi tries not to be too bothered about the fact that she has been keeping track of it.