1. Sunflower

𓂃ꕤ𓂃

𓂃ꕤ𓂃

Vihana's POV

"Vihuuuu!! Puttar uth ja kitna soyegi!?" (Vihu! Wake up dear how long do you intend to sleep!?) My peaceful slumber - time came to an abrupt halt when Aarti Bua, my Aunt, grabbed me by the shoulders and made me sit erect on the bed pulling off my duvet.

Yes, that's how she wakes me up.

"What is this Bua?" I whined trying to open my sleepy eyes, "Yeh kya tareeka hua kisiko uthane ka?" (What style is this to wake someone up?) With a sulking pouting face I looked at her.

She held my ear which made me squeal, "Sooraj doob gaya hai, aur madam ka 'Noon-Nap-Hour' khatam hone ka naam nahi le raha." (The sun is down and here Madam's 'Noon-Nap-Hour' seems to be never-ending.) She scolds.

After our mother's death, my Aunt moved in with us to take care of my sister and me. Even though Dad was there for us, taking care of two teenage girls wasn't an easy task. She loved us like her own children and even though our father tried to convince her to remarry after her divorce, she refused to leave us.

"It's Saturday!" I exclaimed, "It's the only time I get for myself after working tirelessly for an entire week." Stretching my arms out, I yawned falling back on the mattress again.

"Woof!"

Sitting back with a jolt and wide eyes as the realization hits me, "Shit." I cursed under my breath as I turned to look at Zen, my five-month-old Golden Retriever. I named him after one of my favourite anime characters, Zenitsu.

He jumped on the bed with his blue leash ready to go out. Heaving a defeated sigh I looked at Aarti Bua, "Isi liye utha rahi thi tujhe." (That's why I was waking you up.) She said while petting Zen's head. "Kabse wait kar raha hai bechara, use bhi yaad hai ki tu use bahar le jayegi aj par aap toh sone me busy ho." (Poor thing, he has been waiting for so long, even he knows that you are going to take him out today but here you are busy sleeping.)

"I'm so sorry my baby..." Pulling him on my lap and I kissed his head as he barked again wagging his tail happily. If there's someone for whom I can sacrifice even my life, it's him. It's only been five months since he entered into our lives but not only did he fill our home with playful barks and delightful chaos, he's brought a joy to our small family we never knew we were missing.

Zen and I have set this routine for the past two months, every Saturday evening I buy some flowers from the florist near our society and go for a walk to our favourite beach.

Tying up my wavy hair into a messy bun, I wore a pair of my comfy black shorts and a loose white T-shirt; we reached the florist's shop and Zen started pacing around the entire shop. It is a cozy little store run by an old lady in her late sixties, since we're her regular customers, she is more like a friend to both of us. Zen has grown very fond of her as well but today he seems to be in an extremely joyful mood.