Chapter 99 Escape arrows under the crossbow

Start from the beginning

Xie Miao slapped the table and stood up: As the saying goes, only those who are brave can achieve wealth and honour in danger. So let's do it like this!

*

At the same time, in order to investigate the follow-up matters of the arrest of Wang Yongqi's family and his accomplices, Cui Muli entered the palace many times on behalf of Luo Biyu to meet the Emperor. The Fourth Prince, Li Hongye, saw it before his eyes and made plans in his heart.

Due to a series of troubles caused by Guo Rui's father and younger brother, Li Hongye was not only punished for two months in confinement, but also lost his position as an assistant in government affairs. When the confinement ended, he belatedly realized the seriousness of it. When he wanted to regain Emperor Chengxuan's trust, he found that once something was broken, it was difficult to restore it to the original state.

And just a short year ago, the political achievements he accumulated due to the Bianhe River floods were outstanding among the people, in the imperial court and the public, and even in the eyes of Emperor Chengxuan. It is an entirely pre-eminent existence. Seeing he was on the verge of entering the Eastern Palace, contrary to expectations, the Empress became pregnant and gave birth to little Ninth successfully...

Li Hongye gritted his teeth bitterly.

The Empress, the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion, and Zhou Niannan, the second son of the Zhou family who snatched away the meritorious service of Zhang Minggu during this autumn hunt... This member of the family is really a thorn in the flesh of the Zhang family, a thorn in their side!

After thinking about it, Li Hongye thought of Cui Muli, and a sneer appeared on his lips.

According to uncle's original plan to revive the Honghe River Valley silver disaster case, he was supposed to use the irrefutable evidence of Zou Yuandao's crime as a guide and ask people to follow the lead to the Hangzhou compound of Zhou Sihui, the cousin of the Dingyuan Marquis clan. One million taels of disaster silver, buried for seven years, would be unearthed from the ground. In this way, no matter how Marquis Dingyuan tries to explain that they have no association with the matter, the case will leave deep doubts in the heart of his father.

But the actual development is very different from what was imagined! One million taels of disaster silver was found, but it strangely grew legs and ran from Zhou Sihui's villa to the villa of Wang Keyi, the Governor of Hangzhou, who is the uncle of Wang Yongqi, the Minister of War. And the Zhou family, who should have been nailed to the pillar of shame, have also become Wang Yongqi, the Minister of War!

Seriously... Really it's trying to steal the chicken only to lose the rice used to lure it!

Li Hongye's first reaction after learning about the incident was to send people to kill the two main officials investigating the case - Luo Biyu and Cui Muli. However, Luo Biyu is a second-rank official after all. His previous plan to make him lose his father and encounter Ding You had failed. If he tried again, others would definitely notice him, so he could only let him go for the time being. As for Cui Muli... He first wanted to kill him quickly, but his uncle stopped him.

His uncle said, if the general is also a person superior to their peers and unparalleled, why not win him over and use him for your own use?

Another person who speaks highly of Cui Muli!

Li Hongye understood that Zhang Xianzong's words made sense, but he hated and slandered the Cui family, especially Cui Muli, not to mention that he had ruined his plans several times. So, he insisted on sending out a killer to teach Cui Muli a lesson. Anyway, he was still alive. So what if he got a little injured? And after he successfully vented his anger, he accepted the suggestions of Zhang Xianzong and Imperial Concubine Zhang.