Chapter 54: Not in my world after all

(Y/N's POV)

I was riding in the passenger seat of the kid's car after he offered me a ride out of there which I happily took since I knew I would die down there even with Gardevoir by my side, speaking of Gardevoir I had to put her back into the Pokeball since there was no room in the car but she told me she didn't mind it one bit so I did just that. I had to ask him where are we going and what this place to begin with, he told me that we were heading to the upper levels of Mementos. I had no clue what he meant by Mementos so I asked what that was and from what he told me, it was a gigantic palace where the people's hearts and desires resided in. I thought that was weird but I didn't say anything so I nodded in agreement, any info on where I am is better than none so I can't complain. 

Strange kid- Well, I don't know who you are or how you got here mister but it is a miracle you didn't die down there. And whoever your companion is, I'm sure you would've met your end so you are lucky.

Y/N- You got that right, I am lucky to have her to save my butt. But let me ask you something, what's your name?

Strange kid- The name's Jose, what's yours, mister?

Y/N- Y/N.

Jose- Nice to meet you, Y/N. It looks like we are heading to level one in an hour, you should get comfortable.

I laid my back on the seat and rested my eyes, trying to get some rest even with the loud engine and bumpy road in mind.

An hour later...

Some time later, I felt the car stop which meant we were there.

Jose- Wake up, we're here.

I opened my eyes and saw in front of me three escalators leading to somewhere on top, I got out of the car and walked over there to see it up close, I felt some chills just looking at them and I didn't know why.

Jose- Here we are Y/N, the first level of Mementos. Up there, you should be able to go to the other side.

Y/N- Other side? Like the real world?

Jose- I suppose so, I don't know, never seen or even know what the real world even is so that will be up to you to find out. 

That didn't help my chills a bit but he was right about finding out on my own, then I felt the Pokeball shake which I assumed Gardevoir wanted out so I took her out of there.

Gardevoir- Master, are you feeling alright?

Y/N- Not really to be honest, but I'm sure we will survive whatever is out there.

Gardevoir- Whatever it is, I'm here for you master, no matter what.

Just her saying those words made me feel a bit better, whatever happens, it is against whatever is out there.

Y/N- Thank you, I needed that Gardevoir.

Gardevoir- I'm always there for you master, you can count on me.~