Chapter 10: The Knight: Part 2: Knight's Tale

3rd Person POV

The duel was off to a rough start for Y/n. Charles' monsters outnumbered his 2 to 1. The Knight had 300 Point lead. And, it was his turn. Our hero was gonna have to step up his game for this opponent.

Y/n LP: 3700 Charles LP: 4000

"Alright, Y/n, old chap. Since it's my turn, I believe I shall arm my troops. First, I equip my Marauding Captain with the Magic Card; Great Sword. It increases his Attack Points by 300." (Marauding Captain ATK: 1200 > 1500) "Next, I will play Jewel Sword, and equip it to my knight." (Familiar Knight ATK: 1200 > 1500)

"You done?" Y/n asked. "Not quite. Before I attack, I shall sacrifice my Captain to summon a new monster. And it will be quite a powerful one. You see... when sacrificing a monster equipped with Great Sword, it counts as 2 instead of 1. Now... meet my Sword Hunter!" (Sword Hunter ATK: 2450 / DEF: 1700) "He's pretty tough." Y/n said nonchalantly. "You're about to see just 'how'. Sword Hunter! Attack his Troop Dragon!" Charles commanded. And, with one swing of his sword, his monster wiped out Y/n's. And that's not all.

"Nice. But, you also triggered my Troop Dragon's special ability. Whenever he's destroyed in battle, I get to summon another from my deck to take his place." Y/n said. "Afraid not, old boy. That only applies if he goes to the Graveyard. But, he's combining with my Sword Hunter, instead." Charles explained. And just as the armored duelist said, the defeated Troop Dragon became a piece of armor on the Sword Hunter. "And for each defeated monster equipped to my Hunter, he gains an additional 200 Attack Points." (Sword Hunter ATK: 2450 > 2650)

"I had a feeling you would make that move, Y/n. You see, dealing with Dragon Duelists is something I do 'especially' well. And now that you have no monsters defending you... Familiar Knight! Attack his Life Points, directly!" Charles commanded, prompting his knight to strike at our hero. Y/n LP: 3700 > 2200 "Alright. I shall place 1 card face down. And I think that will be all, for now." Charles said, ending his turn. And like before, the armor behind Y/n drew closer.

'This is not looking good. The duel just started, and my Life Points have already gone down by almost half. And the tinman behind me is starting to look restless. It seems Charles hasn't lost his touch. Guess I'll have to show him what I'm 'really' capable of.' Y/n thought to himself. "My move!" he said, drawing his next card. "First, I summon Lord of Dragons!" (Lord of D. ATK: 1200) "Then, I'll play The Flute of Summoning Dragon! And with it, I'll summon... Des Volstgalph and Kabuki Dragon!" (Des Volstgalph ATK: 2200) (Kabuki Dragon ATK: 2300)

"Alright, Kabuki, attack his Sword Hunter!" Y/n commanded, prompting his monster to strike. "Are you mad!? Why would you attack me with a weaker monster!? What's your game!?" Charles questioned in shock. "Why don't I just show you?" Y/n said, before something strange happened.

(Sword Hunter DEF: 1700) "What? Why did my Sword Hunter change to defense mode?" Charles wondered, before his monster got toasted. "How in blazes did you do that!?" he questioned. "It's Kabuki Dragon's special ability. You see.. whenever one of my monsters battles one of yours, his effect lets me change your monster's battle mode. And while your Hunter can boost his 'Attack' Points, his 'Defense' Points don't change." Y/n explained. "So after you switched his mode, that made him easier to destroy." Charles finished his explanation.