Chapter 1: A Dragon's Mission

3rd Person POV

It's been a couple years since Y/n and Ishizu started dating. And, things have been pretty great between them. It wasn't easy, but they'd managed to make their long-distance relationship work. Sometimes, they'd even cook for each other. But, the fact that Y/n liked meat and Ishizu didn't made things pretty awkward. So, they learned to compromise. Y/n even learned how to make Om Ali. And Ishizu, reluctantly, cooked things like Steak from time to time.

They also practiced and honed their dueling skills with each other. Improving little by little. And, clairvoyant powers or no, Ishizu's skills were pretty impressive. Y/n told her she could even go pro, if she'd learn to adapt to the unexpected. But that didn't really interest her. So, she just watched him duel on tv.

Like tonight. Y/n was in the last match of a big Duel Monsters tournament. (A/n: This duel takes place "before" Battle City. So, it'll be using the 'old' rules.)

He was facing off against a busty blonde bombshell named Mai Valentine. Her Harpie Lady Combo was giving his dragon deck a run for it's money. Mai had her 3 Harpie Lady Sisters in attack mode, and Y/n had is Luster Dragon #2 also in attack mode. Their current Life Points scores were Mai: 1000. Y/n: 800.

"What's wrong, big guy? Are my Harpies and I being too rough for you?" she asked, teasingly. "Hate to break it to ya, Malibu Dom Barbie. But, it'll take more than your birdies or their little toys to break me." he told her. "We'll see." Mai said, as she drew her next card. 

 "Well, maybe 'this' will do the trick. I summon Harpie's Pet Dragon, in attack mode!" she declared, after playing said card. (Harpies Pet Dragon ATK: 2000 / Def: 2500) "And this little cutie gets 300 Attack Points for every Harpie Lady on my Field." Mai explained. (Harpie's Pet Dragon ATK: 2000 > 2900)

"Great. Is he housetrained?" Y/n asked, jokingly. "Oh. He's trained, alright. Let me show you one of his little tricks. Harpies Pet Dragon! Destroy his Luster Dragon with Fearsome Fire Blast!" she ordered. And the beast did just that, burning Y/n's monster to a crisp. Y/n LP: 800 > 300 

It seemed that with the combo she'd set up, Mai had Y/n beat. But, little did she know, that she was in for quite a surprise.

"*chuckles* Well, looks like the "so-called" Dragon King is finally about to lose. Any last words, L/n? Ya know. Before you're toast?" she taunted him. 

 "Don't write your victory speech, yet, Goldilocks. It's my move!" Y/n said confidently, drawing his next card. And it was the card that Y/n would use to mount his comeback. 

"Sorry, Mai. But, I'm afraid you're gonna be going home emptyhanded." he told her. "What!? You gotta be kidding! Did the thought of losing your unbeaten rep make you lose your mind, too?" she asked, mockingly.

"I'll let my next move be the judge of that. First, I summon Lord of Dragons!" he declared. (Lord of Dragons ATK: 1200 / DEF: 1100) "Next, I'll activate my facedown card. The Flute of Summoning Dragon! It lets me summon 2 Dragon-Type Monsters from my hand! And, I'm playing... Des Volstgalph and Blackland Fire Dragon! Both in attack mode!" he declared as the monsters appeared. (Des Volstgaph ATK: 2200 / DEF: 1700) (Blackland Fire Dragon ATK: 1500 / DEF: 800)