Chapter 8: Power Couples: Part 2: Hearts of Fire & Ice

Y/n POV

Day 2 of Battle City is turning out to be just as crazy as the last one. Ishizu and I were on a date, and having the time of our lives. But, it soon took an unexpected turn. While we were having lunch at an Italian restaurant, we were being swarmed by some members of my fan club.

Next, we had an encounter with this really obnoxious couple. Their names were Mikael and Maria. They claimed to be pro duelists. Next thing I knew, Ishizu and I were having a tag duel against this frivolous fun couple. And it turns out, they work for Marik. Big shocker, right?😒

Anyway. They were really giving it to us with their Fire and Ice Decks. But it wasn't long before we turned the tables and they were on the ropes. But they didn't back down, and began to mount their comeback with their "Defender Iceberg Combo". Well, we're not the types to back down, either. They claim they'll "show us what their decks of Fire & Ice can really do". You know what? I say "bring it on".

3rd Person POV

Y/n LP: 2200 Ishizu LP: 2900

Mikael LP: 900 Maria LP: 850

"So, you two work for Marik?" Ishizu questioned. "Yeah. Are you surprised?" Maria asked. "Eh, maybe a little. Honestly, you didn't seem like the types to take orders. So, what's up with that?" Y/n asked.

"One word: Money!" Mikael said. "What!?" Y/n and Ishizu exclaimed. "You heard me! Maria and I are in this for one thing, and one thing only. Cash. Lots of it." Mikael reiterated. "And as luck would have it, we've run into 2 hindrances to the boss's plans. Which means "double payday"! That'll put us on easy street for a long, long time." Maria said.

"So, you're doing my brother's bidding out of simple greed. How pitiful." Ishizu said, dryly. "You can say that, again. I mean, we put our date on hold to duel this pair of pathetic, conceited moneygrubbers? Ridiculous!" Y/n deadpanned.

"HEY! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT US!? DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S MONEY THAT MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!?" Mikael berated them. "Yeah. Money is the most powerful force in this world. And Mikael and I oughta know. We had tons." Maria told them.

"Had? Wait a sec. Are you implying what I think you're implying?" Y/n inquired. "Yes. Maria and I were both born into fabulously wealthy families. So, we had the freedom to do whatever we wanted. And after we'd inherited our respective fortunes, our union would combine our assets into an unstoppable force. But one day... the unthinkable happened." Mikael began explaining.

"What?" Y/n inquired. "These two abused the prominence that they held. Used it to take advantage of others, and squandered it on frivolities. Thus, their parents cut them off." Ishizu interjected.

"Seriously? First, Ryoko. Now, these two. How many petty trust fund babies am I gonna run into, in this tournament? I mean, are they really so desperate for coin that they've stooped to doing Marik's dirty work?" Y/n questioned. "We can still hear you! Really, you're both too rude!" Mikael spoke up.

"Well, whatever! Back to the duel!" Maria said, drawing her next card. "First, I activate my facedown Magic Card! Monster Reborn! And I'll use it to bring back miss plain jane's Zorga. Then, I'll sacrifice him to summon... Mobius the Frost Monarch!" (Mobius the Frost Monarch ATK: 2400 / DEF: 1000) "And since I used Zorga to tribute summon, I get 2000 more Life Points." Maria LP: 850 > 2850