|𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏| 𝒊 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈

December 22

There are so many tests.

Two tests in Spanish, one in calculus, another in English, and science. I'm going insane, seriously. But I'm happy. Natalie and I reached an understanding, and I still have her clothes. I sleep hugging them now.

After seeing my mom cry, I don't think I'll ever go out without telling her again.

I sat down on my bed. It's 5:34 PM, and I'm exhausted, so I lay down, ready to rest. But a text message interrupts my thoughts, so I grab my phone.

Nat: What are you doing?

Bri: Nothinggg. You?

Nat: Nothing. I just remembered you.

Bri: Wow.
Bri: Come pick me up..I'm so bored.

Nat: I don't feel like it. You walk here.

Bri: But it's raining though.

Nat: Exactly.

I leave her on read, smiling to myself as I set the phone aside.

---

December 24

Everyone's out, half of them already drunk, and I just want to escape. It's almost December 25th; it's 10:29 PM, so I put on my hoodie and sneak out of the house. Walking down the street, it's bitterly cold. I hug my hoodie tighter, contemplating my next move. What if I show up at Natalie's? She said she'd be doing nothing, after all.

But she lives in the affluent part of New York, so I sigh and continue my walk. It takes a while until I reach the park, adorned with festive decorations. A tiny smile creeps onto my face as memories flood back.

I remember my mom making hot chocolate and cuddling up with me as we watched *Home Alone* on Christmas Eve while snow fell outside.

Until he showed up.

I scoff and keep walking. I know my way around because Ela used to live nearby.

I arrive at Natalie's neighborhood, bustling with cars and houses adorned with twinkling lights. Music fills the air, but one house remains silent. I smile and knock on the door, not waiting long before someone answers.

"Brianna?" she asks, surprised, and I give her a big smile. After a moment, she lets me in, and I glance around her modern, spacious house with light grey walls.

"I got bored and wanted to come visit you," I explain, and she sighs, noticing my lack of proper winter attire. "It's cold, and you didn't even put on a jacket?" she scolds gently, approaching me. Now I see she's wearing a robe.

I instinctively put my arms around her waist and hug her tightly, and after a moment, she returns the embrace. I catch a whiff of wine on her breath. "You're even prettier without makeup," I murmur, and she touches my hair before looking down. Our eyes meet, conveying everything we need to say to each other, and she leans in, kissing me gently.

It starts slow, but soon she pins me against the wall, and I hold onto her, breathless.

"Fuck," she whispers, breathless, as she catches her breath, grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs. My heart races with excitement as we enter the largest room, filled with plants and a king-sized bed. She kisses me again, and I grab her hand as we both fall onto the bed, ready to let the night unfold.

before even getting another chance to think I was in heaven.