|𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕|𝑨𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔.

October 25

Today was picture day, so I put in extra effort. They pulled us out of first period to take the photos. I opted for a black shirt and sweatpants.

"Come on in," the principal beckoned, a chubby, Santa-like person.

The Room was bustling with students from various classes. I scanned the area and found where the teachers were taking pictures.

I spotted Mrs. Cruz, busy as usual, wearing a long skirt with flower designs.

"Ms. Martins?" a man with a camera called out, and Mrs. Nelson emerged. She walked past me without acknowledgment, leaving me feeling deflated.

Then, I heard my name, "Brianna Parker?" I headed towards the source.

She adjusted her glasses and smiled, instructing me to take a seat. After some positioning, she gave me the green light.

"Perfect." she said.

Afterwards, amidst the crowd of kids taking pictures, I slipped out quietly.

Walking down the hall, I sought solace at the water fountain, closing my eyes as the cold water refreshed me.

"You do love that water, don't you?" I heard, feeling someone's hot breath on my ear and their hands on my shoulder. I stopped drinking and gave her a tiny smile.

"You walked past me like you didn't know me," I said, with a tiny pout. Mrs. Nelson chuckled, explaining they had called her name. "I didn't hear your name being called, though?" I frowned, confused.

"Ms Martins." she said.

"You look good," I blurted out, trying to change the subject. She immediately looked at me, coming closer to inspect my outfit.

"You're not that bad," she replied, making eye contact. I looked away, trying to hide my very obvious red cheeks.

She suddenly grabbed my chin, causing me to blush even more. I didn't understand why I felt so nervous around her today.

After tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, she let go. "Second period starts in 10 minutes," she said, turning away. Like a lap pet, I followed her.

Once in the classroom, she closed the door and began arranging books on the desks. I sat in the front row, and she stopped in front of me. "Move," she commanded, our eyes locking. I couldn't even speak; I could only stare at her face.

Without thinking, I started to lean in closer, our faces almost touching.

I glanced down at her lips, but she continued to gaze at my face, her breath hitting my lips.

"Please forgive me," I whispered, but before I could kiss her, she grabbed my cheeks and pushed me away.

I nearly fell off the desk from the force of her push. She looked disgusted and mad.

she groaned. "Get off," she said, and I complied.

"Martins..," I felt anger boiling inside me. "You keep giving me mixed signals. One day, you tease me and make me feel wanted, and the next, you act cold," I said, my voice rising. "Brianna, shut up!" she snapped, glaring at me, sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm a teacher, in case you haven't noticed. I won't compromise my career for you. You're young, Brianna, and may not fully understand your feelings. Just finding me attractive doesn't give you the right to almost kiss me without consent," Ms. Nelson asserted, her words delivered with rapidity and firmness, an uncharacteristic seriousness in her voice.

For some reason, I felt the need to cry. I hadn't cried because of a person in so long.

𝑨𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔.

———

I'm so inpatient i just want them to kiss 😭😭.